Thread: How to get the awesome intro video

Default How to get the awesome intro video

The cool intro video is not included with Rise of Godslayer Discs, Steam version or download version of game. I have gone to great lengths to verify this. It is only on original discs, and even then the latest patcher deletes it for some reason.

My only guess is that Funcom no longer owns the rights to the video? Maybe it was owned by Eidos, or Gaute Godager's sister or some other entity of the long mismanaged Funcom corp, who knows, but its gone.

However, if you can get a hold of the original game DVD's install the game, but do not launch. Go into the media folder of the installation and find the videos. Copy them somewhere. Then go ahead and run the patcher and fully update it. Then when complete put the videos back and the intro video will run again.

Its worth doing, the intro video is quite awesome. And if you can find the original DVD's usually for about $6 they come with 30 days premium game time, so that saves you $7 right there.

Alternatively, you can download it directly from Funcom's ftp server here ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/Age_of_Co...railer720P.wmv

Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

I'm not seeing the option to download the video.

You can right-click my link above and use 'save target as' (or similar, depends on your browser). The link below contains several versions, including French & German.

ftp://ftp.funcom.com/media/Age_of_Co...eos/cgTrailer/

There are a lot of goodies to be found on the ftp, just don't browse too deeply or you will be hit with massive melancholy for what could have been, but never was.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

If you download the WMV files and place it in the game directory, will they play? If not, I should ask permission from Funcom to upload their game introductory files.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

no you have to use the *.bik files located in <install path>Data\Movies\ they are in a different format than the wmv you could just try renaming the wmv to bik not sure if that will work or not.