Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: AoC leads at massively

Cirith's post pretty much sums it up. It's too bad that MJ took the bait and "disqualified" AoC, but then she is just a journalist and under no duty to be objective. (And even if she were, there's plenty of examples where cheating gets you excluded no matter its impact on the results, e.g. university exams.)

What is more disappointing is that all of the honest votes for AoC were for nought, due to the actions of one troll...
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Leif0311 View Post
    Strange, the name of the one who reported the cheating to massively is "SalamiKarate". And the one who claimed to do the cheating here is named "TommySalami".

A bit too much salami for my taste.
    something strange going on here indeed. all this seems rigged. Someone who hates on funcom did this on purpose

Hmmm, one of the Massively staff had (briefly) a shot back at Cirrith, but now seems to have removed it. Basicly saying he and the mods should have been over here chastising the self-proclaimed cheaters instead of letting it ride and only speaking up after AoC got tossed. Good point, actually.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    Hmmm, one of the Massively staff had (briefly) a shot back at Cirrith, but now seems to have removed it. Basicly saying he and the mods should have been over here chastising the self-proclaimed cheaters instead of letting it ride and only speaking up after AoC got tossed. Good point, actually.
    Cmon gays at Massively are acting too innocent, like they could't expect people would do multiple votes?

What they are saying is more like "sorry guys in reality you have won but, cause we saw some suspicious posts on your forum claiming that you cheat we had to disqualify AoC"

Really? You should people all blame Massively not some random tards on forum here claiming they cheat. They should have filtered those votes. Its not like other titles didn't have fishy votes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Cmon gays at Massively are acting too innocent, like they could't expect people would do multiple votes?

What they are saying is more like "sorry guys in reality you have won but, cause we saw some suspicious posts on your forum claiming that you cheat we had to disqualify AoC"

Really? You should people all blame Massively not some random tards on forum here claiming they cheat. They should have filtered those votes. Its not like other titles didn't have fishy votes too.
    I'm just saying that the comment by the Massively staffer probably provided some good insight to the decision process - ie, had the Devs/Mods here actually at least wagged a finger at the trolls claiming spam votes, they might have let it slide. That didn't happen so Massively took a stand.
    Last edited by burmese; 29th January 2014 at 19:51. Reason: typo
    Dagget,

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    Not really ,even if the person was banned and the comments moderated then we could have :"Funcom moderators removed the posts but we saw them in time" thing.It's logic fail on so many levels but it is what it is now.

So massively admits they have a poll system that can be rigged,they cannot really check if anything else was rigged,they just assume it was not due to low number of votes and then disqualifies the game and community that was most interested in this.*Thumbs up*

Still with no proof Massively have let themselves down.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

I don't think it's the job of the staff at funcom, or those working for them, to monitor community behavior on a third party website. So I don't see how massively claiming they did nothing would have anything to do with their decision, perhaps that's why they removed that post.

In the real world, the entire promotion gets dumped because massively admitted that you can cheat their system. Thumbs up for massively doing a vote like this, and I'm not surprised some kids in the aoc community once again brought Shame to our game - particularly names I've NEVER seen in the forums until this promotion was announced, and I've played since launch. This decision from massively is not right, who's to say the current poles haven't been rigged on the other games. All that has been proven by this scandal is that other mmo communities don't appear to have haters trolling their forums.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 29th January 2014 at 20:04.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

so here is the deal, I voted like 10 times with chrome and clearing my cookies just like the dude at the beginning of this thread posted for us to do. ok so that means we had 655 votes instead of 665.

Probably most other people voted 2 or three times same with every other game on there including Wurm Online.

Massively just doesn't want to play the game and are using this as an excuse. Now here is the real thing Massively should consider. Its in their best interests for advertising revenue to have people log in and watch the stream. So they shot themselves in the foot by disqualifying us because in reality are people going to log in and watch someone play everquest 1 for 6 weeks? Prob not. So massively you based your whole decision on a stupid post on a message board that I posted, which in reality was an exaggeration of the truth. SO that means you should read this post and take back your decision. take away my 10 votes. I admit I cheated with 10 votes.

for the sake of the developer who was passionate and really works hard, I implore you Massively to stream AOC instead. Also massivley dont make big decisions on stupid forum posts. I'm a troll. Who cares what trolls have to say.
    The best damn Demonologist this side of the Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    I don't think it's the job of the staff at funcom, or those working for them, to monitor community behavior on a third party website. So I don't see how massively claiming they did nothing would have anything to do with their decision, perhaps that's why they removed that post.
    What 3rd party site? I was referring to this thread, which they are responsible for monitoring.
    Dagget,

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast