Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: AoC leads at massively

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01...-in-everquest/

From MJ at Massively:

If ya'll were all fired up to see a rousing round of Age of Conan over the next few weeks, yer gonna be disappointed. This rodeo don't take kindly to cheatin', so AoC's been disqualified. What I can't figure out is why the perps would brag so brazenly about tryin' to fix the event. Do they think we don't read forums? Maybe some folks just fell off a horse and hit their heads one too many times?

Great job, people. Great. Job.

Yes, excellent job. Just saw it myself.

I am quite sure the vote would have been won easily without the cheating!

Hope AOC gets another chance, as proposed.
    Next time please just vote as so many did, including me.

Sad to see how a few people (I shall mention no names, but they posted in this thread) ruined a great opportunity for Age of Conan. You were warned, but you didn't listen. It's only fair AoC got disqualified, but it's still unfortunate. It looked like we would win, even before the cheating began.

Age of Conan's biggest threat is its own players.
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

That really is too bad.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Really good job F**ktards, really good job...
    Elleanorr - Stygian Demonologist
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    {Circle of Eternity}

I see AoC is the only true winner despite the multiplied votes by some players it still would have won she said, therefor I think this whole thing with disqualifying is a bull***t if you ask me.

I see even Cirtih replied there, full support to what he said!

"CirithGorgor 2 minutes ago
    I'm sorry, but as one of the developers of AoC I find this decision very disappointing and pretty unprofessional.
    Its very easy to claim that a vote is rigged, its very easy to sign into a forum and say so, that does not mean that it is so.
    Its also very easy if you want a particular candidate to lose to rig votes for said candidate then announce on say that games forum that you have rigged the vote, and then sit back and watch as all legitimate votes are then removed too.
    What you should do is if you can prove that a certain percentage of votes are rigged then remove those votes and leave the legitimate ones, if you can not prove that they were rigged then you simply can't disqualify them just because someone says they are rigged.
    If you read our forums, as you claim you have, then you would see there has been a lot of support and interest from our community for this event and I'm pretty sure there were many more than lets say 68 legitimate votes.

very disappointing..."
    Last edited by Redd; 29th January 2014 at 18:36.

Well, I hope they have proof from their end showing multi-voting. Otherwise, everytime the voting comes around all it will take is some twit claiming something like "I voted 100 times, how about you?" to scuttle an apparent leader.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Congatulations to Falcon for beeing completly retard and destoying this awsome oppurtunity Age of Conan had to get some good publicity. btw, Whats your ingame character called? you play on Fury?

Angry

Well, some super idiot bragged about rigging the vote in this very forum.

Everybody hates cheaters, thus the tough decesion, I guess

It's sad for all the people who voted honestly. There are just some really, really rotten apples amongst the aoc players...

Strange, the name of the one who reported the cheating to massively is "SalamiKarate". And the one who claimed to do the cheating here is named "TommySalami".

A bit too much salami for my taste.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast