Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: AoC leads at massively

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon10275 View Post
    looks like we got this thing solidly won! Now the next step is for when this lady logs in and plays for 6 weeks we give her the best possible experience, lots of grouping, lots of dungeons, so she can spread the word on how highly under rated and great this game really is. And it is great. I can play 45 different other MMO's, but I chose this one and I pay $15 every month. That's got to mean something. This game is special and I don't think it ever got the credit it deserved.

3 cheers for conan!
    Let's hope she picks Crom. Usually reviwers pick pvp servers to try both sides of a game. And we all know how people who just left Tortage end up-ragequitting just for a few pvp xp.

For these 'Choose My Adventure' episodes, the players decide to a large degree by votes what the reviewer should do. So definitely say Crom, as she can still find opportunities to PvP if she wishes.

The players also need to decide what class for her to play. I usually suggest newbies try a caster to get their feet wet but she's a TSW regular so can handle some complexity, so maybe point to a melee char to showcase the unique melee combat system AoC has.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Quote Originally Posted by burmese View Post
    For these 'Choose My Adventure' episodes, the players decide to a large degree by votes what the reviewer should do. So definitely say Crom, as she can still find opportunities to PvP if she wishes.

The players also need to decide what class for her to play. I usually suggest newbies try a caster to get their feet wet but she's a TSW regular so can handle some complexity, so maybe point to a melee char to showcase the unique melee combat system AoC has.
    When in doubt-play hox, or barb.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    When in doubt-play hox, or barb.
    This.

In the beginning I got a number of people to try AoC and almost invariably they picked necro for some demented reason and of course X amount of levels later they quit saying it's the most boring thing ever.

Now I always suggest barb, hox or conq as a first character unless they just really, really want to play a caster type.

From what I've seen a lot of negative reviews from back in the day were from reviewers who played as a necro as well. But that's certainly not a scientific study or anything.

looks like we got this thing solidly won! Now the next step is for when this lady logs in and plays for 6 weeks we give her the best possible experience...
    She'll have to turn off Global Chat for sure. And yes; keep her off the PvP server~ wouldn't want to give them the impression that AoC has any element of THAT ...

... and that's even if they bother; considering the obviously padded voting by lame-asses who use ways to vote 100s of times.

Last edited by Mustaine; 25th January 2014 at 02:57.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

up to 395 votes. You guys can thank me later. Give me another hour or two i should be able to get it up to 450
    I really hope your idiocy to pass unnoticed

from http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01...again-edition/

SalamiKarate 17 hours ago
    ummm is it just me or does it seam like Age of Conan has rigged the voting? Disqualify that gamge

MJ_Guthrie MassivelyFeatured
    17 hours ago

@SalamiKarate If game communities join together to push for their game that's not rigging it and is perfectly acceptable. A game that encourages its community to vote is fine. The only time it's not OK is when any game supports multiple voting/cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    Let's hope she picks Crom. Usually reviwers pick pvp servers to try both sides of a game. And we all know how people who just left Tortage end up-ragequitting just for a few pvp xp.
    Whats wrong with Fury lol?

Yeah I know. I know probably the Fury players hacked the vote at massively thats why conan has 60% of the votes lol. They hacked everything else - why not the vote?
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I'd recommend she try one of the classes that have both mana and stamina bars - DT/BS/HoX - she should be able to manage those and they are more complex and interesting than some other classes which are little different than in other MMO's.
    Dagget,
    President of Ayredian Nightfall

Looks like AoC locked it in. When is MJ gonna start playing?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast