Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: What do you wish to see from new raid instance?

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I do not know such people though.
    Yes you do. Just look how Wing 1 is popular.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    It's easier and cheaper to retain an existing customer than to gain new customers.
    retention is never 100%. If you don't target new and returning players, you have steadily declining population.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    retention is never 100%. If you don't target new and returning players, you have steadily declining population.
    I never said you don't keep trying to get new customers, every business should always be getting new customers. Just stated that's it's cheaper/easier to retain existing customers.

Considering the manpower Funcom has now, it could be an interesting idea to release hard modes for all tier raids. The hard modes should be of the original difficulty (T1-T2 like in 2009, T3 like in 2011, etc.) As the current raids are not hard at all, remove all relics that are always claimed after the kill of the last bosses, and leave only the rolled ones: i.e. keep the current rewards for hard modes.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

I will never understand the "you must WORK HARD for earning your stuff in game" crowd.

If I want to work hard, I already have real life, which has 2 huge advantages over a game:

A) I can choose activities far harder than anything I can find in a game, if I'm after a challenge
    B) I get paid real money for it

The whole idea of a game is to have a different frame of reference from everyday life. If you end up mimicking real life, you might as well just never leave it.

The game is a part of real life. It is a pastime. We have friends there, we try hard to succeed, and some of us even link the activity to Facebook. It is a hobby like any other stuff, be it guitar, golf, or volleyball, and it must take a lot of time or effort if you want to get to the top. Also, one has the right to take the game lightly, enjoy it superficially, but he should not expect the same rewards as someone who does a lot to advance.
    People do not get paid for hobbies too. I wish it were true!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 23rd January 2014 at 15:17.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    I will never understand the "you must WORK HARD for earning your stuff in game" crowd.

If I want to work hard, I already have real life, which has 2 huge advantages over a game:

A) I can choose activities far harder than anything I can find in a game, if I'm after a challenge
    B) I get paid real money for it

The whole idea of a game is to have a different frame of reference from everyday life. If you end up mimicking real life, you might as well just never leave it.
    My primary interest in raiding is joining with a group of people to accomplish something, in most cases, solve an encounter and win the fight. Faceroll easy content does nothing but bore me.

I don't mind a break like you get with memory cloud, but if a whole instance is that nub friendly, all you're doing is farming gear. I'll play something else if it gets to the point thats all there is to do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456