Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do you wish to see from new raid instance?

I'd like t5 to be really difficult, and I'd like it to come with a nerf to the previous tiers to lower the entry barrier. This game is hostile to new players.
    I don't make points I make dents.

24 man raids

Difficulty scaled as much as t4 was over t3

Not nerfing the instance so that t1 players can go in: should be at least t3/khitai gear required to do t5.

If pvp gear vs pve gear is an issue, then start t5 gear with pve stats just like the pvp stats for pvp gear, so that it doesn't overpower pvp gear. I.e. a base combat rating similar to t4 but then add in pve combat rating that does not affect pvp (just like the pvp gear stats now affect pvp and not pve for some stats)

Make it difficult enough such that it takes months to get the full strategy and so that people can't just take in garbage chars and afk the entire time. Not putting in a basilisk or imp fight mechanics as 'easy kills' and having the entire encounter difficult without a memory cloud instance issue.

i would like just to point out here that no developer mentioned anything about t5 - all was told that there will be new raiding instance and probably that it will be t3.5 - sry pve fans but pvp is now da priority

if they make another t3.5 it will never be used.. Waste of resources..

Needs to be t5 and 24 man.. And yes not have stupid MC mechanic.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

If its t3.5 they shouldn't bother with it then, It would be wasted content, time and resources.

It would be nice to see some of the other game mechanics make it into a raid encounter not just tanking, dps and healing.

For example having an encounter where using mounts is required, either for getting from one place to another in a large map quickly or even having some mounted archery bring down rampaging beasties to be finished off by more conventional means.

Or, using stealth/hide and search (is that still there? )as part of a jailbreak kind of encounter, rather than a boss kill dropping the loot, the loot is given for getting everyone out alive.

Or maybe, a whole raid instance that's about strategy rather than combat. Instead of it being a tiered raid instance that requires you to meet a certain gear threshold, all 'power' gear is disabled upon entry somehow (something like the tiger cub quest).If some form of combat is required then special weapons that carry various buffs could be served up depending on what's required. Maybe even things like makeshift blades for stealth killing guards, special arrows for bringing down the rampaging beasties. Rewards are either large amounts of aa points or maybe some of the drops that come from the world bosses/unchained 6 mans.
    At least this way you wouldn't be messing with the balancing of new gear and it could be accessible to all but still be challenging.

Just off the top of my head, a level 80 retelling of your escape from Tortage might be suitable for such a thing. Soldiers, Mages, Rogues and Priests all having specific co-ordinated tasks to complete finishing with that last battle in the streets with your fellow raiders replacing the resistance npcs from the the orignal level 19 quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    I'd like t5 to be really difficult, and I'd like it to come with a nerf to the previous tiers to lower the entry barrier. This game is hostile to new players.
    No! The new raid should not bring any changes to previous raids (T1-T4) at all and be just three new bosses in T3.5 after the Bat of Nergal. The items should not be as powerful as T4 too.

There is no hostility towards any new players.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

would be great if they did t5 in 2 scales, like u can go there raiding with 12 man or 24 man raid. because t5 will hit the servers after craft revamp, so it will be easier for them to scale the reward accordingly. also hard modes should be implimented. 24 man raid was good on release,now its just too much hassle + some bosses wont give u a chance if u have less than 24 ppl like last boss t4.

So in all, bosses must be challanging (hard mode option) but not dependant on specific class (as was already said in this thread).
    Ketzaquatl-Ranger-Fury-Night Watch

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    No! The new raid should not bring any changes to previous raids (T1-T4) at all and be just three new bosses in T3.5 after the Bat of Nergal. The items should not be as powerful as T4 too.

There is no hostility towards any new players.
    High barrier to entry caused by 3 tiers of obsolete gear, a monster aa grind, a high learning curve relative to other mmos and horde of elitists that think new players should have to suffer through Funcom's previous iterations of mechanics isn't hostile?
    I don't make points I make dents.

Wink

For something "less hostile" offering something "less suffering", check other titles. We come to this game to challenge ourselves and face the harsh atmosphere of Hyboria. We all were new players, and the game was always keeping us on our toes.
    But progression is too fast already, gear is not obsolete and obtained easily, and "elitism" is not even a hostile notion (any group of avuncular raid leaders gathering their raids can be considered elitist).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 22nd January 2014 at 06:49.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast