Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Khitai PVE build?

And again, I say, Fury of the Underworld is 5 wasted points. Do not feat it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    http://goo.gl/FWt60v

I hope by perked you mean 5 points in it ,below 4rth rank is not really worth using
    Well it's 4/5 atm, and I'm time trainning the 5th rank...

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    And again, I say, Fury of the Underworld is 5 wasted points. Do not feat it.

ok. I'll take it under consideration and I'll try it at the straw man.

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate if you post your digestion build here.

thank you
    Last edited by Noumides; 6th February 2014 at 22:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Noumides View Post

thank you
    Fury of the Underworld at 1.5 was ok because with the introduction of critical heals increasing your pets critical chance meant more critical heals. There was hardly any gear at that time that had critical rating so FotU was viable then, since you could hardly get your critical rating above 10% and there was no AA at that time as well, and it was simply not possible to reach dps levels that currently exist now back then, which made the green heal all that more important.

In today's game with all the free critical rating be handed out, it's totally useless now because those small critical heals from a green don't do anything against what dps is flying around.

Basically, it's an outdated, worthless skill which unless your simply moving down the feat tree and can't put points into anything else, avoid at all costs. Putting 3 points in Chained Shockstrike and filling out the rest in overcharge or earth recharge would probably get you better returns

Also, outside the AAed WoF, feating shockblast makes it one of the best AoE abilities in game, I would spend 3 points there.
    Last edited by Suctum; 7th February 2014 at 12:24.
    Doomsayer 2008

Except that Fury of the Underworld does basically nothing for you so better off spending points to get chained shockstrike.
    Pet Crits proc pact of dread (at least they used to) so you are getting an extra free 10% chance to proc a crit damage buff.

Not saying chained shockstrike isn't good, just saying that Fury has it's merits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    Pet Crits proc pact of dread (at least they used to) so you are getting an extra free 10% chance to proc a crit damage buff.
    You get 10% increase to the current crit chance of your pet. The pet has half your crit rating. So if you have 20% crit chance, the pet has 10% crit chance, and you'll get a 10% increase to the 10%, leaving the total to 11% crit chance.

Edit:
    Left Shax alone in Guild City while I was out for a while. Macroed the WoF button with repeating on 9,5 sec delay. The result with blank feat tree was:

WoF crit chance 19% (4019 hits / 949 crits)
    Warlord crit chance 10% (1909 hits / 224 crits)

When I got back, I added points down to Improved Waves of Flame and Fury of the Underworld:

WoF crit chance 24% (1646 hits / 532 crits)
    Warlord crit chance 11% (817 hits / 110 crits)

So, 5 points in Fury of the Underworld seems not worth it, while Improved WoF is working as intended.
    Last edited by Shax84; 7th February 2014 at 16:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Noumides View Post

thank you
    Whats a digestion build? *nom* *nom* *nom* something edible?

For feating Improved Waves of Flame that one would be what I would feat personally.
    Last edited by Shax84; 7th February 2014 at 16:16.

Whats a digestion build? *nom* *nom* *nom* something edible?
    smartphone's auto-correct :/

You get 10% increase to the current crit chance of your pet. The pet has half your crit rating. So if you have 20% crit chance, the pet has 10% crit chance, and you'll get a 10% increase to the 10%, leaving the total to 11% crit chance.

Edit:
    It's just a worthless feat that has not had any merit to spec since 2.0 and the inception of AA's and the rise of critical damage rating. Like I said, as a pvp feat is was extremely useful 1.5 for critical heals, marginally useful 1.6-1.9, and useless 2.0+ because of the increase in damage over what was possible pre 2.0 made the green heal pretty much nothing.

As a pve feat, it has always been worthless.
    Doomsayer 2008

This thread seems to need mythbusters.. hope you're not saying that jumping helps on burning skin and putting all shields to top helps on crushing dmg?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast