Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to level 80

Default New to level 80

OK, this is premature, but at level 77 I've entered the grasslands.

I've seen the various armor sets for BS on AoC>TV, and glanced at a few lists that folks have generated for gear to look for, but most of them include long range goals of getting to R4 with a faction, betraying them, and going with the opposite faction.

I'm looking for some simple guidance. Of the ten available factions, which five should a new 80 Bear Shaman choose first?

From AoC>Tv, the opposing factions in Rise of the Godslayer are:

Brittle Blade vs Shadows of Jade

Children of Yag-kosha vs Yellow Priests of Yun

Hyrkanians vs Wolves of the Steppes

Last Legion vs Scarlet Circle

Scholars of Cheng-Ho vs Tamarin's Tigers

This may sound silly, but I'd like the wolf and tiger mounts, so those two choices are made.

If it helps, I did get the T1 2H from one of the portents, so I have that to look forward to.

Thank you for any help!

as a general rule, when you arrive in khitai, pick scarlet circle, 'cos it makes questing a lot easier, especially when you arrive in kara korum....

about the other factions, i usually prefere brittle blade over shadows, 'cos the repeatables in chosain are very fast and can also help to gather bones for a sc quest in kk...
    btw, all you need from them are the rings and both have useful ones, so it's up to you if you prefere survivability (bb) or dps (soj)....

between yellow priests and yags, i'd go for yags (even though yp are a lot more cool) 'cos their protection armor can be very useful sometimes...

also, don't forget that hyrkanians has the best dps necklace you can get, so you'll probably want to switch, after you get the wolf and the 2hb...

scholars are just useless, so you won't need to switch from tigers...
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 20th January 2014 at 13:14.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

This was the exact thread I was talking about. The first two he lists are opposing factions, it's basically an overview of what eight of the factions offer a BS.

Wolf blunt and Tiger armor then, other factions are not important.
    You can go for BB and Scarlet for easy questing and survival ring+cloak and Yag for easy questing (prot. armor is pretty bad, better to get T3 prot. accessories and prot. perk).
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

What Pekka said and you can go for Hyrkanian gear if you want more balanced set dps/heal rating wise, but Tiger gear is just fine.

Thank you very much! Now I have a practical plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    also, don't forget that hyrkanians has the best dps necklace you can get
    Are you sure about that mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnap View Post
    Are you sure about that mate?
    Blue crafted necklace has more cr with gem, but it's the best because of the str, armor, and const. I use it on all my str charrs!

(best in Khitai, t3 adds 200cr)

I get Kakaba Guide necklace on all my toons that use strength attribute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast