Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: repulsive combat choices

Default repulsive combat choices

I don't know about you but there are some HUGE turn-offs I noticed off the bat from the beginning when I first logged onto this game the very first time. Does anyone else hate critigation? seems like a niche added stat or a filler stat to give the feel of more depth when really it's not needed. I head they had to implement it because as exponentially the power of players grew and by the time they hit T4 there was a big problem with influxuations in minimum and maximum hits so thus they implement critigation to soften the damage threshold. The other thing that was a big "why the hell did they do that" was the separation of PVP and PVE armor and specifically their stats, I get that if PVP armor was able to work just as good in PVE that no one would farm PVE because of the huge advantage or having power and protection from the PVP sets, And most of the PVP sets are extremely ugly compared to the vast PVE choices, They wouldn't have needed to implement these massive gear gaps and stat differentials If they just throttled down the entire combat power, cut everything in half, everything in your combat and hp throttle it down, sure you'd only be hitting low values but the monsters hp would be throttled down too with scale so it wouldn't seem so long and boring, have you seen some of the T4 fights some of them are 15-25minutes long, I guess the main idea of this comes from 5-19minis where the gameplay at least I think so is much more fair and more enjoyable despite fighting in cloth rags and rusty skivs, maybe with the throttled down combat stats and hp they could remove critigation and such, This game has always had me at a "that's disappointing" set ever since I first started playing in june 08' when I saw that the stat system was not traditionally and seem arbitrarily skewed for some unknown reason, point being the bsic wisdom, dexterity, stamina, intelligence, and strength do not directly correlate to power in the traditional sense and that you could not, and I repeat could not pick which "stats to improve" when leveling and I can't tell you enough how much of a let down that was, wisdom should be for mana pool and magic resistance just like strength should be for melee damage and dexterity should be for ranged and evade, on top of things like having the Tortage tutorial last entirely way to long and having to do ridiculously boring quest to level and being almost zero way of "grinding exp" which is probably my most pleasurably way in mmo's to level and I say again "grinding exp" getting together with a group and bashing skeletons for a few hours and gaining a few levels and just "why'd they do that" updates from the get go, Here are a few of the things I've picked up throughout the months I'd like to see changed;

Being able to craft path scrolls/wagoner route maps
    enable vanity in all zones including minigames/vanity weapon slots
    Allow pathing and minigame teleport from cimmerias end
    Bring command "/duel" and "/duel-bet" back
    increase max zoom by A LOT
    Add a save UI settings option
    implement flagging yourself for pvp with 10min cowardsshame on switching or implement "PVP" option to zoning in like "normal", "epic", or "PVP" playfields apon zone selection
    Cursor colour changes because "grey" is too easy to lose on screen
    Allow in-game characters more stand still time "AFK" before logging auto-logout kicks in
    MoA farm place like HoC
    Make a engineering crafting profession to create bombs/traps
    Take away BoE and BoP

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
    Being able to craft path scrolls/wagoner route maps
    Bring command "/duel" and "/duel-bet" back
    increase max zoom by A LOT
    Add a save UI settings option
    implement flagging yourself for pvp with 10min cowardsshame on switching or implement "PVP" option to zoning in like "normal", "epic", or "PVP" playfields apon zone selection
    Cursor colour changes because "grey" is too easy to lose on screen
    Allow in-game characters more stand still time "AFK" before logging auto-logout kicks in
    MoA farm place like HoC
    Take away BoE and BoP
    Interesting post, I want to adress few things because I was around when they worked like that:

it worked on TL, people were running around naked or in cloth and you couldn't tell one class from another, huge pain in the ass. It made pvp confusing and less skill based in favor of luck based. FC quickly changed that. The more information you can gather from a quick glance on your monitor the faster tactical chocices you can make and the better pvper you will become. Visual recognition of classes is key.
    people were abusing this to get away with Bori resources, come back when safe and sacraftice. It was also used to avoid fighting.
    This one is interesting. Engineering was actually in Conan book ("Rogues in the House") and the red priest actually had quite amazing machines/traps at his disposal. However the book clearly stated that The red priest was centuries ahead of his time and such technology simply dind't exist in the Hyboria. As much as I would like to see that in game I am very afraid of steam punk mixing in with low fantasy setting and apart from one book it isn't cannon.
    Take away BoE and BoP
    It was like that in 2008 and it created HUGE mess Pretty much it inflated the marked so much that every raid epics were getting worthless. It also screwed crafting in a major way. FC fixed it very fast.
    Last edited by Slith; 18th January 2014 at 16:58.
    Retired

I'm curious to know where are these 15-25 min fights in T4?

iam wondering why you need a MoA farm like HoC when you have HoC......
    also why more afk time? seems suss uninformed badly written post
    and back in 08 there were no traditional stats it was all 0.2 strength this and 0.3 armor that it ment nothing really

Bring back duels? I must have missed those at launch.

I smelt troll in one of his posts when he talked about a 500 gold duel bet. I'm sure there's toons with a few thousand gold but I can't imagine anyone putting 500 up for a 30 second duel.

But if you will and are completely awful at pvp, hit me up. My DT needs an ibis.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'm curious to know where are these 15-25 min fights in T4?
    Well... sometimes the Imp *seems* like it takes 15-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Amabala View Post
    Well... sometimes the Imp *seems* like it takes 15-20 minutes.
    And Strom too

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Interesting post, I want to adress few things because I was around when they worked like that:

it worked on TL, people were running around naked or in cloth and you couldn't tell one class from another, huge pain in the ass. It made pvp confusing and less skill based in favor of luck based. FC quickly changed that. The more information you can gather from a quick glance on your monitor the faster tactical chocices you can make and the better pvper you will become. Visual recognition of classes is key.

people were abusing this to get away with Bori resources, come back when safe and sacraftice. It was also used to avoid fighting.

This one is interesting. Engineering was actually in Conan book ("Rogues in the House") and the red priest actually had quite amazing machines/traps at his disposal. However the book clearly stated that The red priest was centuries ahead of his time and such technology simply dind't exist in the Hyboria. As much as I would like to see that in game I am very afraid of steam punk mixing in with low fantasy setting and apart from one book it isn't cannon.

It was like that in 2008 and it created HUGE mess Pretty much it inflated the marked so much that every raid epics were getting worthless. It also screwed crafting in a major way. FC fixed it very fast.
    I couldn't agree more with this response.
    Jasmina - Assassin
    Ozmodan - Barbarian
    Balauh - Necromancer
    Kodiax - Bear Shaman
    Nadomzo - Demonologist

I'm not saying anything like that just decent vanity, Hate using ugly pvp armor here's what I mean

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps33f0f7b6.jpg

skirt just doesn't do it for me
    Last edited by RabbitHole; 20th January 2014 at 05:47.

I'm not saying anything like that just decent vanity, Hate using ugly pvp armor here's what I mean

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps33f0f7b6.jpg

skirt just doesn't do it for me
    I hear you But for every sane person that just wants to customize their armor there will be 10 jack asses that will want to run butt naked just for sake of it.

PvP T4 armor is coming, perhaps rangers will get something neat to make up for Pig Set And hey, assassins had to run around in PvP 5 armor with both skirt and their nipples showing
    Retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast