Thread: Hyrkanian Catch A Stallion

Default Hyrkanian Catch A Stallion

Hi Guys

For some reason I am not able to do this quest. I keep whipping the horse during the fight but can never able to catch it. Is there any specific moment when I should whip or what? Thanks

Just south the camp there's a few stallions milling about. Hit one with a ranged weapon to separate it from the crowd. Then, in the words of Devo, "crack that whip."

The horses taking laps are usually hunted as part of a wolves quest.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Yeah, the whip only works on the stallions.

Also, all it does it remove some of the horses stamina. CC it is you are squishy, but it takes 4 whips (or was it 3? Can't remember) and it'll go green. You are basically exhausting it, until it's broken, and it'll follow after you.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Assuming you are a sin (from your nick), you can use your avatar of death and do combos between whippings, so you can heal yourself from health tap. Just be carefull not to kill the stalion...

I think I whipped the stallion 3 times but it could not survive the ultimate sin dps and died. I will try to keep it alive for 4 whips to see if that works.

So far either I die in the process or the stallion. So there may be a whip count logic there?

Just use the whip and run away during cool downs. You don't actually want to dps the stallion if you can avoid it.

Use stuns and potions if available.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Thanks all. Finally got it right. It takes 4 whips to train the stallion.