Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tanking: Fearless or courageous?

well, from my experience with my tanks (got all 3), and from what i read in the posts here so far, everyone can agree that more DPS means more aggro, and survivability is never an issue for guards considering you have at least 58% mitigation.

so i think fearless souls big pieces is the right way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    well, from my experience with my tanks (got all 3), and from what i read in the posts here so far, everyone can agree that more DPS means more aggro, and survivability is never an issue for guards considering you have at least 58% mitigation.

so i think fearless souls big pieces is the right way to go.
    Haha, yes, especially considering overall it's just great with the protection on it

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    Haha, yes, especially considering overall it's just great with the protection on it
    That's the real positive, the protection.

I've tanked with both sets or a mixture of both and never noticed an aggro differnce wearing the different major pieces, tanking with the same people week after week. But the protection is a noticable buff over the CS set.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    I'd just like to know how much the influence of hate and crit actually is, for conq, guard and dt seperately. Certain combo's have tooltips with "a high amount of threat", that's pretty vague...

An aggroparse would indeed make it too easy, it would be redd do more dps, blows slow down abit, making aggro too easy.

@Mori / Schou: I agree that more hitpoints make solotanking easier, so you can keep the aggro longer. But like mori says, how many fights are there actually, that are meleedamage and actually give guards a chance. Zodiac for example, no way you'll stay ahead of a good tali-dt.

Fights that come to mind in T4 are Imp (which is a walk in the park with 16.5ish) and basilisk, which would be the one place I can think of where you have an advantage with high hp.
    The point of tanking over a Tali DT isn't even part of the debate man. Zodiac, a DT is triggering vom on both targets and just completely destroying the parse/aggro. Even doing selective parsing, no way does it show an accurate number because of the fact void can trigger void again, back and forth thus making a DT tanking 2 adds absolutely ridiculous, especially a tali spec'd one.

But back on point.

My guard has about a 11% crit chance on his gear without really trying to get all the gear with crit etc. I'm going to just guess since I don't honestly know the total crit chance "no pots" that a T4 guard has. Mine isn't T4'd yet since I rarely get time to play the game much anymore due to RL ****. Regardless, I'm going to guesstimate it is about 10% ish.

10% passive
    10% in build
    30% after guard destroyer "up 75% of the time"
    5% on power house "not often much, but there when needed etc."

But a 50% crit chance isn't too shabby man, and my T2 **** guard the other day did a entire raid with no pots and the average crit chance of all combo's landed was 22%. Again, thats a T2 guard with no pots. I haven't done a raid on my big guard in a while, but I will soon enough. where I'm going with this, is that I don't see a reason to stack an extra few % on the guardian class. Unlike DT's a guardian has crit built into the combo's, and builds. DT's are WAY reliant on gear, and I just see a lot of other guards playing a guardian like a DT.

But again, As I said earlier. If it gets the job done then good. That's honestly all tha matters. It seems we are splitting hairs here when I know what I do works. What your doing is obviously working as well. Soo it really doesn't matter one way or another.

Until Funcom relinquishes the math behind the guards aggro (Shield slam worth, Stall worth, how hate mod works, what hate mod affects, etc), Really and truly there really isn't any resources for a good debate other than experience.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345