Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do Sins defeat last boss in Isle of Iron Statues?

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesaint View Post
    Yes, thats how the cast bars are set. Always on, with opponent cast bar dragged to center above arrow keys.

But you say he is always vulnerable to the knock-back pad, but that I have to use it to interrupt Unleash Fury only. I can see that would be how it works, but you are the first to describe it that way, even the wiki doesn't mention he is always vulnerable to knockback from the pad.

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Isle_of_Iron_Statues
    That how it works, though. You could knock-back the ape whenever you want, but that's an awful idea. The knock-back pad works regardless of what the ape is doing (provided that you did not used it just before. As Texan was saying, there is a cooldown on the use of the pad, preventing you to use it too often)

Therefore, even if (let's say) you can use the knock-back pad every 30 sec, (even when the Ape is not casting anything), that's a very bad idea. Save the pad for when the ape is actually casting Unleash Fury (Not terrorizing roar)

Try it by yourself, but I'm nearly 100% sure of it. Sometime, if you're not careful to avoid terrorizing roar, the fear CC will drive you on the knock-back pad, KB'ing the boss before his Frenzy Cast, putting you in trouble because you're unable to use the pad again right after (because of the cooldown).

However, the wiki could be misleading when it say "Run out of range when the boss starts his fear cast(Terrorizing Roar. Run down to the knockback pad, because the boss will start a to cast Unleash Fury soon after the fear, the only way to avoid the boss casting the enrage is to use the knockback pad.". I guess it could give the impression that you have to run and USE the pad when he start terrorizing roar, but that's wrong. You have to wait for the Unleash fury casting.

Okay. Yes, I couldn't see that with the 1-2 seconds lag. It just wasn't making sense. Maybe i can guess-timate it now.

Boss:
    1) Boss is elite boss
    2) Unleash fury enrages him

His Crowd Controls:
    1) He will fear you with terrorizing roar, you can stun or knock back him to interupt
    2) He will snare/slow you once enraged; this happens side and backward double taps to the two pads that buff you help

CC's on him:
    1) 100% immunity to Fear
    2) Snare works on him (grim corruption to to to buff pads then apply bomb BUT Face stabs is preferably as see below SDS+'Bomb'=stun)
    2) Snap kick to interupt terrorizing roar
    3) Opportunistic strike stun " " "
    4) Slow death strike + Soul Destruction to stun " " "

The pads:
    1) First pad as you walk in gives you the mitigations of an epic boss; it also gives you epic boss damage - same mechanics as the last destiny quest you need epic mob buffs to fight the epic mobs
    2) Second pad (on your far left as you come in) gives you 3% health heal
    3) third pad knocks the mob back.

Be REALLY careful not to use the "effigy" that knocks down IF he is not casting unlesh fury you will get 20 second cooldown, miss the next cast and get annihilated

Apologies if this isn't explained well but here goes:

Using the facts above you want to KEEP the 20 second heal and mitigation/damage buffs from the first two pads up AT ALL TIMES
    When you see 5 seconds left manouvre to the edge of the pads and regain them when they run out and fight the boss in the MIDDLE of the pads as to not be more distance away from any pads you need.

USE CC ON HIM. As a sin you only have avatar of death or the effigy of healing for health... so interrupting his damage for a short time is precious seconds.

so
    1) Keep your buffs up to be epic boss yourself
    2) CC him
    3) use the third pad ONLY when he is casting 'Unleash Fury'

The trigger to this boss is just getting to the stone statue fight before the stalker buff wears off so after that you can take your time. You could be lame and just accelerated to the res pad, die, pick up tomestone and continue. Rest of the mobs are waste of time same with rest of the bosses.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Isn't the Ape beating its own chest with its 2 fists before entering in god mode?

this big thread from silly problem ? takes like 4-5m to it with sin when slacking.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    this big thread from silly problem ? takes like 4-5m to it with sin when slacking.
    Not everyone is as awesome as you I guess.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Don't say that to Delred ! It's like feeding a gremlin after midnight
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Don't say that to Delred ! It's like feeding a gremlin after midnight
    Some men just want to watch the world burn
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    has nothing to do with player, just the spec he is using and if he know how the class works, nothing else
    The Law

Yes, I learned how to do it. Funcom doesn't include instructions and lag is pretty bad so it's sometimes hard to see what is happening. I have about 1 to 2 seconds less time than what the game shows is happening so I could never cross the battle area in time to get to the KB pad. It's a bit more difficult than intended, but do-able.

Anyway, I beat the man-ape now if lag is not bad.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast