Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do Sins defeat last boss in Isle of Iron Statues?

Default How do Sins defeat last boss in Isle of Iron Statues?

I tried this 30-40 times yesterday and not even close to a win, though I almost had it once.

I understand the rotation of Terrorizing Roar>>Unleash Fury and you must get to the knockdown pad before he casts Unleash Fury which is his god-mode buff.

My problem has been that the cast bars are not showing when he casts sometimes, maybe lag?, anyway, all of a sudden he just one-shots my Sin with no casting of anything as far as I can tell or I miss the Unleash Fury and get snared by Hunter Claws and, of course, die.

I am doing this in hard mode with mostly gemmed Bossanian Prowler armor and some epic items. Is it easier in normal mode or was the hard part beating the Ape boss to the Iron Statues of the Moon structure?

Hard mode is just beating the time. Nothing to do with the Ape, afaik.

Just keep the buff from the two other pad running all the time. Don't forget to refresh them as soon as they expire. One heals you pretty efficiently, and the other buff your damage (if I recall correctly).

Use and abuse the fact that ape is cc-able, so stun if often. Terrorizing Roar can be interrupted by this, also.

Other than that, you're right, just interrupt him when he cast Unleash fury. But he's not always casting it right after the roar. You should see the casting bar, never had it disappearing. Also, you can recognize the animation when the ape stop and cast his frenzy mode; so fight relatively close to the interrupting pad if you're afraid of realizing the cast to late, and you should be fine.

Hmmmh it's fairly strait forward with any class. On sin it's not harder than any other. You need to keep the buffs on from the two main pads. Avoid the fear (run out), go behind his back when he does claws of something, go to the KB pad when he does unleashed fury. You can also CC him all the way. snap kick hand SDS + Soul strike miasma works very well.

If you manage to kill the spider in time for the hm it shouldn't be a probleme
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Well.. Have you done the obvious? Each pad does something. One pad boosts you armor by a lot and your damage output. The second pad heals you.. The third interrupts his 'enrage' spell. I did this with my sin farily easy. Had no problems.

hmmm, okay I have been GC bombing him. I'll use Soul Strike to stun more often. I am just having a hard time seeing the Unleash Fury. As far as I can tell he didn't always have a cast bar on it. Bug or lag. He would just suddenly one-shot me.

If you don't see his cast bar try unconning him then reconning him. I've had that bug where you can't see the bosses target of target and doing an uncon/recon usually makes it work again.

And the heal is pretty important. You won't be able to CC him during unleash fury btw.

It might be that the dps/armor buff wears out (red platform buff), without this buff you can take heavy damage sufficient to finish you if you lost already health, especially doing it in blue gear.

It might also be that you dont get sufficient hit rating (lots of misses) from gear, or not proper build? Doing high level content with fresh 80 gear, you might favor survavibility features, like armor bonus from general tree, atrophy from corruption, avatar of death and a couple of extra cc.

The fight is pretty straighforward, you can have a look at this video - jump to 7'35" for the last boss fight. This is very much how it could look on an 80 assassin starting to train AA and gear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fNFwC3ZAL8

You really just need to utilise the pads on the ground ... that's all there is to it.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fNFwC3ZAL8

Yes, I studied that one to make my run, which worked till I got to the last boss, though I killed more npc attackers along the way. Last boss was not always posting it's cast bars. Maybe he casts faster than most and it sometimes lags out is all I can figure, so I will study the animations. BTW, how do I get the return quest?

1st quest is from the priest, the 2nd and 3rd are from Artus.

As others said, just use the pads. The real challenge is killing Spider without Avatar of Death..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast