Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BS is the way to go!

Straw Dummy is a sterile environment. Debuffs do nothing, just stick to IB+SBVI+SBV. BS DPS is highly dependent on weapon damage and feats. Do you have Mutilation?
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Yes I have Mutilation.
    I removed SB6 from my shortcuts because it was a 3 keys combo and most of all because it took a while to perform.
    If I use it, I just have a 2 or 3 combo toon and feel that all the rest of the BS tricks has been created for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKALL View Post
    Yes I have Mutilation.
    I removed SB6 from my shortcuts because it was a 3 keys combo and most of all because it took a while to perform.
    If I use it, I just have a 2 or 3 combo toon and feel that all the rest of the BS tricks has been created for nothing.
    BS is a 3 combo toon after revamp, unfortunately.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

I miss Feral Growl in pve! I said it all along Vision of the Sky in current form would be a mistake, but Funcom said "enough work on bsrevamp, let's go live."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    I miss Feral Growl in pve! I said it all along Vision of the Sky in current form would be a mistake, but Funcom said "enough work on bsrevamp, let's go live."
    I actually never liked feral growl, lurvi. Scuba always swore by it, but I always though vision was better. I do agree however, FC just gave up. Although you should be proud lurv! the prestep crit rating might as well have your name on it!

It's ok they made Shrewd Blows stronger, they kinda had to.
    Shame is they made Vision of the Sky just another passive weapon damage buff like every other buff/feat on bs, and so strong you can't really use anything else but that or Sleuth.

Surge of Bile is still an upset for pve, not even working according to tooltip.
    Lycanthropic "teamwide" Bite didn't happen. It's beyond me why they didn't man up to make this happen.

Regrowth as a manifestation would have been a great addition if they gave that and Forest a weak teamwide buff along with the stacking one for the Bear.
    As it stands now, I only find Regrowth a nerf to Forest. Why will anyone use Regrowth when you can pulse enemies with -10% spirit?
    In PvE, that additional healing is marginal at best. In PvP it's a lol.

Even WotW they didn't change into something we could trigger ourselves. We have two passive feats for critical damage now. The micromanagement is all gone.

I do reckon you can play adaptively with Nature's Revenge buffs, but that's also a problem. Lack of build diversity. Slaugther yields only around the same results for me dpswise, maybe weaker results, while giving up the extra heals. There are no options.

And about tweaking things correctly. Was it so hard to give the Companion Spirit a ground slam as basic attack when reaching the target, doing some real damage in aoe, instead of those fluffy attacks...? Better for PvE, better for PvP. Im not even gonna mention Gangrene or some feats in General.
    Nothing gamebreaking here. Only more viable builds to choose from is what we're asking. Why so afraid Funcom.

Don't get me wrong, Im happy with many of the changes, but there's so much left, and Funcom never do post-revamp changes unless it's something gamebreaking, like the manadrain from DT, I remember. Rant off.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 19th January 2014 at 02:48.

I was using 2 manifestation "at the same time" to add their bonus, casting "Forest and then Winter" to get the -10% 30seconds debuff and keep pumping mana and End before switching to "Spirit and then Regrowth" for the 10 seconds debuff while keeping healing.
    The amount healed by Regrowth is low, but quite the same than the one of the green heal. Stacking them seemed to be a good idea.

After using some parsing on a straw man with only one Mani active while throwing Internal Bleed when up (6 cycles), i got some figures and it appears that the damages done are not the same depending of the Mani you use and it nullify my dreams about the dotting Mani.
    For what it is worth, during the test I did with IB + Winter/Forest/Spirit/Sun : 29100 / 31600 / 34900 / 35870 damages.
    So it seems that if I want to perform as much damages as possible, I have to swap between Spirit and Sun (even if I shall never be aware of the 75% 4 sec bonus given by the former one).
    So next macro will be: Forest+SPIRIT and then Sun.
    I'll keep Spirit+WINTER for magic bosses (too bad it doesn't refill the other members of the group) and Spirit+Regrowth for the long and hard fights.
    Any advice?

Lycanthropic bite: works only for me? I do not have the feeling that this skill is useful.

Blood thirst: poor healing skill (350HP I think) and only on the group. However , it is a good hitter. Any of you use it ?

Nature's revenge: good for the 2;5% token crit increase it gives, but the healing hability seems to be low (250 / 300 HP for me).
    Last edited by SHAKALL; 25th January 2014 at 09:53.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAKALL View Post
    I was using 2 manifestation "at the same time" to add their bonus, casting "Forest and then Winter" to get the -10% 30seconds debuff and keep pumping mana and End before switching to "Spirit and then Regrowth" for the 10 seconds debuff while keeping healing.
    The amount healed by Regrowth is low, but quite the same than the one of the green heal. Stacking them seemed to be a good idea.

After using some parsing on a straw man with only one Mani active while throwing Internal Bleed when up (6 cycles), i got some figures and it appears that the damages done are not the same depending of the Mani you use and it nullify my dreams about the dotting Mani.
    For what it is worth, during the test I did with IB + Winter/Forest/Spirit/Sun : 29100 / 31600 / 34900 / 35870 damages.
    So it seems that if I want to perform as much damages as possible, I have to swap between Spirit and Sun (even if I shall never be aware of the 75% 4 sec bonus given by the former one).
    So next macro will be: Forest+SPIRIT and then Sun.
    I'll keep Spirit+WINTER for magic bosses (too bad it doesn't refill the other members of the group) and Spirit+Regrowth for the long and hard fights.
    Any advice?

Lycanthropic bite: works only for me? I do not have the feeling that this skill is useful.

Blood thirst: poor healing skill (350HP I think) and only on the group. However , it is a good hitter. Any of you use it ?

Nature's revenge: good for the 2;5% token crit increase it gives, but the healing hability seems to be low (250 / 300 HP for me).
    My mani rotation is sun for two IB and then forest for a split second if the debuff is needed (this debuff does affect straw man by the way) and then spirit for one IB. Of course mani rotation will change depending on situation. Group taking aoe dmg? Use spirit and regrowth. Generally never use winter though unless you need mana drain.

I use lycan bite if I'm taking aoe dmg, otherwise skip it. Best to use right before landing spirit IB.

Blood thirst healing stacks the more mobs you hit so I generally only use it when I can land it on multiple targets and also only when healing is needed. Not a great dps combo.

Nature's revenge is all about the added crit for SB. The crit chance increments higher as you gain stacks.
    Last edited by Erock25; 27th January 2014 at 13:26.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12