Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leather Drops are as rare as... anything!

Default Leather Drops are as rare as... anything!

Why are leather drops so bloody rare? I'm hunting as a lvl 44 in the Field of the Dead, and killed... maybe 50 Lynx, Wolves and Wolverines, I'm getting Calloused Leather, which I can't even use, and I've had all of two drops. If I go to Connal Valley, I get no drops of Rough Leather, which I need...

What's up with that? I can harvest anything else with patience, of course, but this is for the birds... why is leather so hard to come by?

You should hunt in the resource zones. Beasts from 20-44 will drop rough and brindled leather; beasts 45-64 calloused and grained.

Prey of those levels are probably the easiest to farm as they usually don't have useless items on their loot tables - like small mangled fangs - and only drop the leathers. Also, they're easily one shot with a white hit from a ranged weapon.

Try hunting in Poitain, Lachiesh Plains or Purple Lotus Swamp.

Rough leather.. go to pls and kill the beakers that you see soon as you zone in. There are 2 group. Easy.

All the lower level birds in purple lotus will not drop assorted body parts, only leather. So its a nice place to farm. The other wildlife there will drop leather but also fangs, claws, etc and it takes less time to kill the birds. You can also farm the lvl 50 humanoid mobs there for some decent resource items.

thanks guys, I'll try PLS and try farming there!

okay, so I'm in PLS, hunting beakers as you guys suggested... one drop out of ten kills... better than I've seen elsewhere, but... one drop out of ten kills? really?

Making the rounds in PLS, I gathered 57 Silver, 74 copper, and 7 rough Leather? Oh, that includes two drops from Darfari collectors that attacked me at silver veins...

Yes, I'd say Leather Drops are a bit... rare!
    Last edited by wancow; 14th January 2014 at 04:38.

Darfaris drop social type armor (chicken suits) and can drop mother of pearl as I recall which used to be decent to sell.

Or try buying rough leather on trader after selling other stuff.

funny, I've looked for rough leather on the trader and never see any... back to farming... 68 Beakers, four rough leather drops... ugh...

Quote Originally Posted by wancow View Post
    funny, I've looked for rough leather on the trader and never see any... back to farming... 68 Beakers, four rough leather drops... ugh...
    take it as a chance to start your own rough leather empire!
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Best place to farm rough leather is to kill moose and deer in Lasheric Planes. it drops plentry there, and the good thing is that there is a lot of animals gathered in a small area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast