Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happen to phase three?

Default What happen to phase three?

April 2013 letter of the month
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...ter_april_2013

Phase One - Moving the servers physically to the same location. This allows us to consolidate the EU and US realms into the same physical server set, which paves the way for the single server tech.

Phase Two - Merge same ruleset servers - this is the same as any merge in the past, with the PvE servers being merged into a single giant PvE server and the same for PvP. And yes, this does mean that the EU & US servers will be merged together.

Blood and Glory needs some assessment so, the question is whether we need to make some design tweaks to make them more appealing or we simply fold them. I’d prefer to do the former, but that is the more expensive solution. More information on that as we reach a decision.

Phase Three - Implement the basic cross server network layers - this will finally allow for cross server PvP and PvE queues! This is the most difficult and error prone step in the process - it isn’t simply a matter of ripping the code out of TSW and throwing it in Conan. However if the first two phases are in place, we should be able to achieve this – and knowing the great results it brought TSW I can’t wait to see this live for AoC.

-Phase one and two tick! phase three??
    Now that I think about it us EU players took a increased lag hit so you could move servers and initiate phase three!
    What news do you bring about phase three?

we need phase three asap! cross server unchained minis! yes please

Phase Three : Funcom unleashes the secret weapon (Amen. movie reference)
    "I am he, who the lord has chosen !... You snivelling boy... I AM THE THIRD REVELATION !"

Cross server mini's and pve grouping would be a benefit for the game they should really try and make this work
    Stabbing is fun

It would be a great benefit to the community. But in their recent monthly letters it is not even discussed. I wonder if they scrapped the whole idea?

They wont reply. You know that dont you...
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

This cross server **** is prolly on hold until the 'thing that cannot be named' is fixed on Rage.And I don't mean BUNDROV.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwartisan View Post
    This cross server **** is prolly on hold until the 'thing that cannot be named' is fixed on Rage.And I don't mean BUNDROV.
    huh?

/10

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    They wont reply. You know that dont you...
    well you was wrong about my buff pvp weapons thread lets hope you wrong about this to

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    You just don't get it do you? He did not talk to anyone. He just told you that lie to get you off his back for a few weeks.
    Three weeks after you said that.....Boom pvp wep boost on TL

Anyway more on topic...... cross server PvP and PvE queues! at this stage in aoc is more than needed and we are in 2014!!
    Release stage three!!!

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    huh?

/10
    'Heh Comrade from Fury' - *dark corner* -trade window.

Funcom what really did happen to phase three?
    this is a major step forward!! but over 1 year has pass and you tell us nothing about it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast