Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tanking with dps instead of hate

anyone know if pvp stat works on strawman or not? is strawman a pve npc only?? or it also count as a pvp player??
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Quote Originally Posted by Midge50 View Post
    Those were SUMMONED straw men, one at a time. As in one after the other when one expires. As in a five minute parse on one straw man summoned by me, then another summoned by a friend when it expired at roughly two minutes, thirty seconds. Please read more carefully, I realize that English is not everyone's first language here.

As I stated in my first post, I was unbuffed except for what I could provide for myself, store bought potions and NO kappa pet.
    Honestly, what you typed the 1st time wasn't really that clear.

And secondary man, why taint a 3 min fight "as I'm talking about" with another straw dummy man? It's not going to be accurate at all, considering the fight lasted 3:38, which means it's impossible for them to be by themselves for the entirety. Or, you just stopped attacking the 2nd straw man for no reason other than you were tired of hitting it.

Most people would only use 1 dummy and go from there. Regardless, I'm saying this.

You are getting a 300 dps increase from what your saying and what I'm doing. Conveniently there is a small hick-up with 2 "single" summoned straw dummy's at the same time.

We could fix this issue by maybe a 2nd parse from say only 1 dummy. Do you have one of those at 1400 dps?
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

I honestly have no idea why my Conanstats behaved like that. Whenever I tested myself solo, on any class, it would never record the first 60-90 seconds. I don't know why. It was a five minute parse.

I posted about it on the Conanstats forums years ago and was told the DPS should read correctly, but no answer given for why the time in combat would show incorrectly, along with not recording damage - in this instance for the initial 82 seconds. I was reassured the DPS metrics were correct. Additionally, I never parsed for under five minutes. Doing so just invites error because of critical chance and you don't have enough time for the law of averages to take effect. On my assassin for example, or especially my DT because of Void of Madness, you could get WILDLY different numbers for a short parse due to crit and crit modifiers.

Buggy parser application = disregard.

Bottom line, guard still has the lowest sustained dps despite t4 gear's op-ness and some wild claims (burst is excellent though)

I seemingly do a little better than schou though, since I'm hitting 1000-1100dps with t3 pole (not the crafted one, so crappy crits) and almost full t4 (fearless set, minus head which is tigers) + full AA. That's with my pvp/dps spec - I don't have improved frenzy in my tank specs so it'd be obviously a little lower.

I can hit 1k+ with S&S in frenzy too (again, not with a tank spec), but I do have the 128 base dps t4 sword. Still, in terms of sustained dps the dps difference between pole and s&s is not huge at all.
    I do 700-800dps tanking with S&S in a good raid and I can't do more with pole - with t4 or t3 crafted pole I'm sure I could go a fair bit higher but still nowhere near 1k (unless it's a fight where I can occasionally go frenzy, but when I'm pushing that much dps my aggro is so high I can never afford it).

Pole burst (SS+reckoning) can't be matched though, even with t4 sword and all buffs up. So obviously the easy way to go for pvp.

(ACT selective parses on spawned strawmen for 3 minutes and I never use pots, just to be clear)
    Last edited by kalston; 22nd January 2014 at 09:58.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Midge50 View Post
    Those were SUMMONED straw men, one at a time. As in one after the other when one expires. As in a five minute parse on one straw man summoned by me, then another summoned by a friend when it expired at roughly two minutes, thirty seconds. Please read more carefully, I realize that English is not everyone's first language here.

As I stated in my first post, I was unbuffed except for what I could provide for myself, store bought potions and NO kappa pet.
    Okay Midge, I have some questions for you

Our counterweights, do around the same percentual damages of our total damage. Our time in combat diffrence is 22%, how come your total hits with counterweight is 120%~ above mine when im using it whenever its off cd? My avarage hits in counterweight are 100damage above yours.

120~% more hits
    20% more time

Your DPS is 1400, mine was 1255. But all my avarage hits are higher than yours. You just have 120% more hits even tho I hit constantly, hmm fishy

Your highest crit 1318, Mine 1640
    Your highest normal hit 897, Mine 1,141.

Are you completely honest about you not hitting 2 strawmans? Cause my statistics shows otherwise
    Last edited by magnum92; 22nd January 2014 at 16:36.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Okay Midge, I have some questions for you

Our counterweights, do around the same percentual damages of our total damage. Our time in combat diffrence is 22%, how come your total hits with counterweight is 120%~ above mine when im using it whenever its off cd? My avarage hits in counterweight are 100damage above yours.

120~% more hits
    20% more time

Your DPS is 1400, mine was 1255. But all my avarage hits are higher than yours. You just have 120% more hits even tho I hit constantly, hmm fishy

Your highest crit 1318, Mine 1640
    Your highest normal hit 897, Mine 1,141.

Are you completely honest about you not hitting 2 strawmans? Cause my statistics shows otherwise
    Fate doesn't have a need to lie. Lol.

Interesting thread, and I agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Buggy parser application = disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by llathander View Post
    Fate doesn't have a need to lie. Lol.
    I just went to guildcity and parsed for exactly the time he did, and... I got 182 hits with Counterweight(he got 180), im sorry to say, he probably... lied :P
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    I just went to guildcity and parsed for exactly the time he did, and... I got 182 hits with Counterweight(he got 180), im sorry to say, he probably... lied :P
    in defensive, 1400, no f'ing way on just 1 target

Just tried it myself, normal poletanking build, so no improved frenzy etc. Got max 1149 in frenzy with 5 tries, just combo's and reckoning, no CoH used.

In defensive highest I get is around 750ish.

Gear used:
    Indomitable small pieces (except for wrists, using courageous), fearless big pieces, commanders neck, milestone rings and T4 tank cape.
    Last edited by Blackfir; 23rd January 2014 at 21:28.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast