Thread: DX 10 help

Default DX 10 help

Someone please help, I cannot get the game to run in DX10. Game will start and sometimes crash in character select, sometimes a few seconds after game starts but never make it past that. I recall it was just fine at one time when DX10 first came out and now I can only use DX9. I have asked Funcom for help over the past few months and never got a reply back, have tried all the tricks I could find on the web with others having this issue including deleting certain updates and nothing works. I have all my drivers up to date etc etc and its the same with my 7970 or 290x and my Nvidia card. I have Win 7 btw. Anyone figured this out yet? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried reinstalling the game? Make a backup of your RDB folder so you dont have to download the 26,1 GB again.

I had problems too on my 2nd computer and had to remove these updates for it to become stable: KB2866337, KB2506928, KB2545698, KB2547666, KB2786081 and KB2799926.

yes tried all that uninstalled and reinstalled on multiple machines, ran with and without steam as well as deleted updates. thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by tjraz22 View Post
    yes tried all that uninstalled and reinstalled on multiple machines, ran with and without steam as well as deleted updates. thanks for the reply.
    Are you running any other kind of program? Sweetfx, xfire..

Make sure your antivirus isn't blocking.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

No other programs running, even tried the razer program that shuts everything down except the game. no anti virus except the ms essentials bs. the game loads no problem to character select, and once in awhile it will go into the game without crashing for about 15 seconds then crash. and then in order to try and log back in with dx10 id have to restart machine but not have to restart for dx9. I had been using dx10 without any problems up until late 2012 then i was away from the game on business until oct 2013 and boom no go. ive used 3 different systems with 3 different vid card/cpu combo's so I just don't know. I will just cancel my sub and use the f2p dx9 i guess. thx for reply.

Quote Originally Posted by tjraz22 View Post
    No other programs running, even tried the razer program that shuts everything down except the game. no anti virus except the ms essentials bs. the game loads no problem to character select, and once in awhile it will go into the game without crashing for about 15 seconds then crash. and then in order to try and log back in with dx10 id have to restart machine but not have to restart for dx9. I had been using dx10 without any problems up until late 2012 then i was away from the game on business until oct 2013 and boom no go. ive used 3 different systems with 3 different vid card/cpu combo's so I just don't know. I will just cancel my sub and use the f2p dx9 i guess. thx for reply.
    I don't see it as that big of a deal honestly. I barely used Dx10. Keep it on dx9, not that much of a difference.

I would be able to fix it if the computer was in front of me though.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

ive tried everything trust me. Im a network tech and was away on assignment for a year and dx10 was fine before I left. no big deal f2p dx9 will do. thanks for the reply.