Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions to balance Soldiers

Default Suggestions to balance Soldiers

Please see the below link and post your thoughts. Changes are in development (so the GD letter says) and we need to get as much discussion in so they are aware of inconsistencies regarding soldiers in pvp.

If you don't agree, please post your comments. We need a community discussion so the developers can see all the sides of the coin. With unchained perhaps coming, we don't want to see Age of Soldiers 2.0. It's very important we all have this conversation, maybe someone from Funcom might read it.

Support the thread here...

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59049
    Doomsayer 2008

I think at the current moment problem is not the classes itself but what happened to gear... T4 vs T3 vs PVP gear. That's where it all comes. With gear every class is strong no matter what. If team of blue/green geared people will meet team of pvp10 people then result is obvious. They should handle it first and then take care of balancing if needed and not only soldiers but all classes.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    I think at the current moment problem is not the classes itself but what happened to gear... T4 vs T3 vs PVP gear. That's where it all comes. With gear every class is strong no matter what. If team of blue/green geared people will meet team of pvp10 people then result is obvious. They should handle it first and then take care of balancing if needed and not only soldiers but all classes.
    Is not just the gear have to be look at, soldier class even naked are in a big advantage against other classes and need to be look at and their damage deal tone down same as their insane cc resistances, It is beyond retarded that the strongest class with the best armor and survavility almost never can get stun or cc it

Been trying to stay out of any 'soldiers are op' threads because, well, they are op and the subject has been beaten to death, but not sure why I keep reading about how soldiers resist too many CCs.

Every class is just about even on CC resists and activated immunities besides the guard.

End of clothies has been spewing misinformation for years now.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Been trying to stay out of any 'soldiers are op' threads because, well, they are op and the subject has been beaten to death, but not sure why I keep reading about how soldiers resist too many CCs.

Every class is just about even on CC resists and activated immunities besides the guard.

End of clothies has been spewing misinformation for years now.
    It is pretty much guards, but you have to consider Conqs do get a very high root resist as well. DT just does not anything other than shadow, and who feats that. I think the problem is that when you add BK buffs, fully feated AA, and the 20% from feats and abilities, it ends up being pretty high stun and fear resist for a guard.

I think people also like to compare this to demonic heart, but consider one thing...demonic heart does have a holy weakness and it's not like poms are in short supply, so it does have a negative value to it where as a guard has no negative value.

30% is pretty high though, and considering a magical CC gets resisted it goes on cool down there is some risk to wasting a full second not moving to cast something to just get resisted. That's the other side of the coin. I would also argue demonic heart is still too high, even with a negative value, and only one class does holy damage so many times you don't have a negative value, so it's as OP as the guard's resist. So it goes both ways in the debate. I think older players like myself remember classes just not having any anti-CC options (like guards) or only limited options, and we still base our opinions remembering how it was, when most of the newer players (which is most of the population) don't get why we have those opinions.

I never really understood why there is CC resist in the AA tree anyways... but then again many things in the AA tree do not make sense.
    Last edited by Suctum; 9th January 2014 at 00:47.
    Doomsayer 2008

stall the advance has very little sense in pve imo, something to remove(or nerf)

problem is, conq is basicly heavy armor assassin which can choose between op non cd aoe charge KB with burst like sin or then god mode with heal and bubbles and instant aoe kb with 2he,

and **** thing is that conq do more dmg than ranger, sin, barb or demo in raid if u go for dps? this is just major joke,

atleast guard downsides are that it cant do dmg in def stance and its pretty much usless tank even in pve nowdays, havent seen guard in pve since... since was it few year ago..

KK hm NEED DPS!

CONQ!
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    problem is, conq is basicly heavy armor assassin which can choose between op non cd aoe charge KB with burst like sin or then god mode with heal and bubbles and instant aoe kb with 2he,

and **** thing is that conq do more dmg than ranger, sin, barb or demo in raid if u go for dps? this is just major joke,

atleast guard downsides are that it cant do dmg in def stance and its pretty much usless tank even in pve nowdays, havent seen guard in pve since... since was it few year ago..

KK hm NEED DPS!

CONQ!
    My Conq is fairly new, I have 5/5 DS but only 3/5 PS. In blue tiger gear, purple tiger boots and wrists, a crafted neck and 2 crafted rings, and a lordly cloak with 2 crafted axes and (BFC) I sit at 19.5% crit and 23.5% crit damage. Before I use any buffs just in frenzy my dps is 446.5. When I start getting proccs and buffs and throw technique in their I can sustain about 650 for about 20 seconds, If I switch to my 2 hand axe I can get past 700 for the same amount of time.

In brute defensive stance with LH on I have about 410 dps, which can get up to about 550+ using BFC and the various proccs/buffs, not to mention all the free ret damage from GoDS and retal.

The class is just troll o lol right now for pve, but I really don't care about that. It's the pve based revamp that trickled down to affecting pvp I care about. I wish they would get off this dps based hate system they have for pve and get back to a more conventional +hate system so pvp would have less of a trickle down effect from all this dps, crit chance, and crit damage they keep spamming without thinking about how it will affect the other side of the game, such as pvp.
    Doomsayer 2008

Cap the crit chance (and maybe amount too) at X% by archetypes. All this talk about this feat or that ability is just a waste of time when the fundamental system is broke. That's the solution to like 80% of all game's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by camilleboucquill View Post
    stall the advance has very little sense in pve imo, something to remove(or nerf)
    You mean pvp I guess. It could be fine as an extra bubble for the pvp guards who want to be tankish, but it's just a weapon of mass destruction atm :/

As for CC resists, sure other classes have them too, but they are not wearing full plate armour with 15k hp, that's the thing - soldiers have it all at once while other classes are always limited in how many assets they can have at once (speaking about spec, AA, gear...). On top of that they get penalties (like hox/pom bubbles, demo CC resist etc) while soldiers can have CC resists & bubbles (among other things) without any downsides. Doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by kalston; 9th January 2014 at 13:23.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast