Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Game director letter December

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    I have 10.PvP level alredy 1 year but I don't have T3 PvP set and don't want this trash. Demonologist with PvP set in mini is peace of meat without DPS and crits. Khitai and T4 PvE gear is considerably better.

What is the point of PvP set for demo? You say - survival. Mistake, just look at combat logs to see that 70% or more mags death for physical attacks! Protection is not so matter for mages.
    For this reason T4 PvE set is better for all sides: 1) to survive 2) for damage 3) for critical ratting and 4) more easily to get.

If Fancom want to see mags digging Bori, revamp of PvP T3 set must to do bonuses better then Khitai and T4 PvE gear, especially ARMOR and Constitution.

PvP weapons for casters now is useless. For so long years of game Fancom don't see how big bonus do weapons for physical attacks and how insignificant for mages. For physical damage weapon is essential item, but for mages weapon do lesser bonus then ONE peace of armor!
    Many veteran pvpers have said the same for years, and to the MoD who said the discussion is turning to a pve vs. pvp conversation, he's right-because that's the fundamental problem. There has been a rift forming since 2.0 between the two sides and has been getting worse every time new pve gear is released because the pvp gear has remained untouched since 2.0 released. It also gets worse every time a class is "revamped" because considerations are made towards pve first, and then trickle down to pvp and never fixed. The mini game bug is over 2 years old and still the only thread on TL says "we're looking into it"

The GD letter says they will be tweaking armor, making more meaningful stats for pvp items (I assume he means the pvp tap ratings will go away on weapons and tenacity will actually matter), and generally trying to fix things.

My one concern is while they said melee weapons are getting a priority (they really are bad), what about caster weapons? They are equally bad and I can't see how they can justify fixing only melee weapons over fixing ALL weapons, because they all need adjustments (the shields probably need the least though...)

Perhaps I was wrong in what I read, but I'm pretty sure they said the priority is melee pvp 10 weapons. I really hope they choose to make all of them better than just again catering to specific classes.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Many veteran pvpers have said the same for years, and to the MoD who said the discussion is turning to a pve vs. pvp conversation, he's right-because that's the fundamental problem. There has been a rift forming since 2.0 between the two sides and has been getting worse every time new pve gear is released because the pvp gear has remained untouched since 2.0 released. It also gets worse every time a class is "revamped" because considerations are made towards pve first, and then trickle down to pvp and never fixed. The mini game bug is over 2 years old and still the only thread on TL says "we're looking into it"

The GD letter says they will be tweaking armor, making more meaningful stats for pvp items (I assume he means the pvp tap ratings will go away on weapons and tenacity will actually matter), and generally trying to fix things.

My one concern is while they said melee weapons are getting a priority (they really are bad), what about caster weapons? They are equally bad and I can't see how they can justify fixing only melee weapons over fixing ALL weapons, because they all need adjustments (the shields probably need the least though...)

Perhaps I was wrong in what I read, but I'm pretty sure they said the priority is melee pvp 10 weapons. I really hope they choose to make all of them better than just again catering to specific classes.
    ETA on PVP weapon adjustments - around the same time PS5 comes out.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Spartek View Post
    ETA on PVP weapon adjustments - around the same time PS5 comes out.
    Actually you should check the test live forums a bit later today

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    It also gets worse every time a class is "revamped" because considerations are made towards pve first, and then trickle down to pvp and never fixed.
    Class revamps are always done for pvp benefit and are almost always horribly negative for pve. Look at the Guardian and Ranger as the two biggest examples. Done completely for the sake of pvp and have had major downgrades for pve.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    CirithGorgor for president
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=59063 - please try to keep the specific feedback on the testlive thread for the time being though. That way it is easy for us to keep track of it in one place

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234