Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game director letter December

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Good luck running this game on a computer from 2005... :P
    Intel Pentium 4 W T F <333
    Last edited by Radek87; 8th January 2014 at 10:35.
    We will be Serious after death.

If Funcom is not able to write a letter of about 100 lines(that are basically always the same) every month without delay. How can we are so stupid to keep waiting for improvements in the game that ask for a lot of work?

New year, new promises far horizons.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post

But still, you'd rather flame people than try to read what they're actually saying, which is exactly my point when it comes to the general "wannabe badass alpha-status über warlord" PvP attitude.
    So you gonna transfer to fury when transfers open and back your trash talking up... or stay on the pve server and complain about repetitive mobs?

Instead of yes or no, if you reply, it will be some kind of drawn out qq about the pvp system, flaws your character has, how everyone cheated and ganked you when you USED to be on a pvp server, etc.

Back to the thread, a year ago when Joel took over, his letters mentioned nice things. Server merge with no transfer and world bosses are the only noticable changes.

Pvp upgrades need to happen sooner then later...

This letter is a dissapoinment... Nothing about a revamp or make a unchained version of the so popular and successful horse racing, freeze tag and jump at the old tarantia roof? All This is Craig Morrison genius

7 months ago I subbed for 1 year (+6 months extra) because of promises of unchained minis and crafting revamp. It was said that even just by doing pvp you will be able to craft some decent gear.
    Now 7 months later, from one letter to another its all work in progress. Not single pvp issue has been adressed, particulary pve gear being superior for pvp than pvp ones. Some classes or abilities that cry for fix, tweaks or revamp hasn't been looked or mentioned. Also fact is there are some exploiters and hackers in game and that was not dealt with.
    So please tell me what only pvp players got in this half year? Only promises that some work will be done in future.
    And now there is talk of t4 pvp gear. Honestly dont have high hope about that. Its just more grind and no pvper has asked for that.
    I dont hate funcom or anyone else, i just feel sad that game with great pvp potential has come down to gear and aa grind.

If you want to change something about pvp gear than rework it, make it faster to get, make it so you have more choices to gear for pvp (dmg, crit, const, protection, dex....), dont make 1 piece of gear to have it all. Put heroic stats on pve gear, and make as many pvp lvls as you like later on but let them be just vanity and titles.

Dmg in this game is already insane, i would rather see it decreased for pvp than buffed even more.

Dont have high hopes anymore, i still play game sometimes because i like combat system and for some dear friends i have in game.

Oh and i almost forgot most important thing that came since i subbed. and that is transfer to us server and jump from 60-70 ms to 190-200. So sweet for melee pvp. thank you

They should have adopted the EQ update model when this game launched. New content expansion once a year, with 1-2 months on TL before to test. This way they have an entire year to work on content and it should never be late.

Too bad all Funcom cares about is dumping money into the next big MMO, praying it'll be the wow killer, then when it doesn't, ignore it and move onto the next. Great business practice.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Funcom has a lot lower subscription base than Blizzard. If you don't want to play AOC then WOW is still out there, if you like flying pig mounts and kung fu panda characters (or whatever the newest Blizzard 'game improvements and updates' are right now).

I like the realistic environment, the combat system (except for rangers actually), the immersive atmosphere (thought I don't RP unless someone else aims it at me). I do prefer PVE over PVP because of some of the pvper attitudes during matches. It doesn't bother me to be killed, I don't like being farmed or trash talked so its easier to just avoid the situation than deal with it since I pay to enjoy the game, not get stressed.

But seeing posts from people who boast they don't play anymore but still bash the game...why are you still here? Go play ESO beta or wow or angry birds or pong or something. If you don't like it, don't pay or play it. There were so many people on Crom for the world bosses that you had to sit two to three instances ahead to get to the right instance (unless you were lucky).

If they don't get money the game will get shut down. That's why Funcom still charges to play. And has the item shop. Its still fun to play for me, and I will sub as long as I enjoy the game. PvP at least is on the horizon for fixes now. Minigames don't excite me, used to do sieges when they were available and I wasn't too bad at guarding campsites (remember Telazol, anyone?). Unchained minis would be something I would try out though, as then skill will be the important part, not AAs or gear (and I have a full t4 bear and demo, just don't do minis).

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    Been playing since launch and I love AoC like many of you. Started on a pvp server with addiction and enjoyed the pvp very much. But migrated to set years ago because of low pvp population and the negative atmosphere, so that I agree with. I didn't play in almost 2 years until this year I payed for a couple of months to satisfy my nostalgic lust. A couple of weeks ago I payed for a year, almost entirely just to give my support. I see all the things wrong with this game, but I also see that if it was fixed it could be the best thing for it. Will my hundred bucks help? Probably not, but I participated. Go FC
    I've probably paid Funcom between:

12+ name changes
    4 entire account transfers (yes, I have transferred my account 4 times)
    Multiple 1 character tranfers (at least 20 of these)
    Multiple yearly subs since launch (subbed up to 2016 I think)
    About 60,000 or so FC points used in the store, about 80,000 bought only for use in the store
    Every special pack available
    Multiple "1 time specials" bought
    GS special edition

I would assume I have paid Funcom anywhere between 1.5-3k+ since 2008. It has been spent well I'm sure on Secret World and all their other projects. As far as AoC, I'm sure most of my money paid the guy designing 6-mans I can care less about, and to the one pvp designer who's highlight opus was designing TTS.
    Last edited by Suctum; 9th January 2014 at 13:18.
    Doomsayer 2008

I have 10.PvP level alredy 1 year but I don't have T3 PvP set and don't want this trash. Demonologist with PvP set in mini is peace of meat without DPS and crits. Khitai and T4 PvE gear is considerably better.

What is the point of PvP set for demo? You say - survival. Mistake, just look at combat logs to see that 70% or more mags death for physical attacks! Protection is not so matter for mages.
    For this reason T4 PvE set is better for all sides: 1) to survive 2) for damage 3) for critical ratting and 4) more easily to get.

If Fancom want to see mags digging Bori, revamp of PvP T3 set must to do bonuses better then Khitai and T4 PvE gear, especially ARMOR and Constitution.

PvP weapons for casters now is useless. For so long years of game Fancom don't see how big bonus do weapons for physical attacks and how insignificant for mages. For physical damage weapon is essential item, but for mages weapon do lesser bonus then ONE peace of armor!
    Last edited by Ernests; 9th January 2014 at 18:40.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Cleaned up off topic posts. Get back on topic and be constructive and civil.
    Last edited by Drest; 9th January 2014 at 15:34.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast