Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't Guild Leaders send mass in-game mail to guild members?

Default Why can't Guild Leaders send mass in-game mail to guild members?

It seems like a no-brainer that Guild Leaders should be able to send an in-game mail to all the guild members... as it stands now, there's no way to do that... yes, I know it may be thought of as redundant with the Guild Message of the Day, but there's no way to flash to members that there's a new one, whereas with mail, you are notified there is new mail with an icon... just a thought...

Actually not a bad suggestion, now that you mention it...
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by wancow View Post
    It seems like a no-brainer that Guild Leaders should be able to send an in-game mail to all the guild members... as it stands now, there's no way to do that... yes, I know it may be thought of as redundant with the Guild Message of the Day, but there's no way to flash to members that there's a new one, whereas with mail, you are notified there is new mail with an icon... just a thought...
    Using a guild-bot mitigates this problem.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Using a guild-bot mitigates this problem.
    yeah, because they are ingame feature and every single guild got them.. oh wait
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    Well even a shimpanza (me) can set up bebot so its really no biggie. Plus you can always use "message of the day" which is an ingame feature...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

While it's not an ingame feature, it is NOT hard to set one up. It's a bit more tricky on Linux than on Windows (few good guides for it on Linux), but it's done in less than an hour.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

I seen guilds in the past who use Skype... sometimes people does very strange things.

I have several times sent mass mails to our guild members, got them all registered on our webpage with mail addy and all ;-) whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    While it's not an ingame feature, it is NOT hard to set one up. It's a bit more tricky on Linux than on Windows (few good guides for it on Linux), but it's done in less than an hour.
    of course, but you still need a dedicated server (or your machine running 24/7) to run the bot.. again, I´m not saying bot is something baaad or rocket science, I´m just telling you it´s still a workaround for features, that could be easily in game (all the alt list, crafting list etc. etc.)
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Would be a good feature for guildleaders, and I can add a few more.

• Guild history, why can't guildleaders see who left or joined their guild when they come back online?
    • Why are guild invite and kick rights tied together? Obviously you'd like to be able to give invite rights but limit kick rights.
    • Why is access to the guild storage also equals access to guild funds?
    • Alt sorting of guildlist with possible storable notes to each entry.
    Last edited by Sifie; 7th January 2014 at 10:47.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast