Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AoC finally made us feel how they feel hopeless

My guess for why gathering and crafting are spaced out from level 1 is the game is trying to give you time getting used to the game before throwing more stuff at the user.

The revamp will allow crafting at level 20. Honestly the first 20 levels go so fast there's no point in trying to craft anything before that.

Once getting to lvl 80 - you're going to have to grind through Khitai, and T1, T2, and T3 raids before you get to T4. Don't think you're going to waltz in with crafted blues and kill the Emperor. AoC is not an easy mode MMO.

Take your time and enjoy the game and learn how to play your class in a way that works for you.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Cool

Just my two cents here...., but I'm pretty sure "Puck" has summed it all up right here.
    "If eyes are the mirror of the soul, you will see yourself...as I see you."

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Never like family guy...
    Doomsayer 2008

Crafting in the current form is perfect. Economy flows, but some people may try to kill it by, for example, decreasing prices. That is fine though. I am really happy to buy a new recipe, gather or lend some materials, craft, equip, and sell.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

okay if you don't appreciate whining about crafting revamp taking way too long then how about this (which you know should have been released months ago, instead of working on meaningless updates like world bosses and bogus recycled content);

Decrease Sub from $15 to $5 OR Increase content update???

Quote Originally Posted by edinazzu View Post
    What would Sheldor do?
    Do like Bobby Dufray Go dig a hole out of prison

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHole View Post
    okay if you don't appreciate whining about crafting revamp taking way too long then how about this (which you know should have been released months ago, instead of working on meaningless updates like world bosses and bogus recycled content);

Decrease Sub from $15 to $5 OR Increase content update???
    There's a small team of developers working on three games. Everyone would love more content at a faster rate.

Since this time last year we've gotten quite a lot, more than I'd say we got during 2012. In 2013 AoC added Dragon Spine, two instances, a new Halloween event, the 5th anniversary celebration, and now the tweleve portents. Even if some of this is recycled content, it is still content and has people playing.

The PvPers? They kinda got screwed in 2013. Here's hoping they also get some stuff this year because they are a part of this community and often a very vocal part.

A tiered subscription model could actually be a good thing for FC. For example: At $5 you get a 4 character slots and 2/3 of full inventory space. $10 - 6 slots, full inventory, and access to T2 raids. $15 is the full game.

It may provide incentive for people leveling to subscribe earlier. But if they drop the price to $5 without ditching the free to play model, you should start expecting less content as the game would probably not be a profitable investment for FunCom.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Quote Originally Posted by puckstop98 View Post
    The PvPers? They kinda got screwed in 2013.
    Add 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009 to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    Add 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009 to the list.
    But no one got screwed more than Funcom. I always wondered how the "don't listen to customers and even insult them" business model would work...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast