Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: War...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ATN575 View Post
    I agree, this game needs some kind of all out warfare between neighboring countries/city states. It would give the PvP crowd something to fight over other than minis and be truer to the IP of Hiboria. Conan himself rose up from a street thief to mercenary to battle commander to king. I propose, create and environment that players can do the same.

I posted this in the suggestion thread a few months ago.

Usurp a City!!
    [PvP][PvE][Guild]
    New content: create a new city the size of one of the hub cities. Make it another country/culture. Player guilds can capture this city and need to control certain points to maintain control. The NPC that normally controls it will try and retake it randomly. Other player guilds can band together to try and take the city. Siege weapons such as battering rams and boiling oil are used.

This is a full time 24/7 365 PvP zone. It should be hard to maintain control. (This is what you get full T4 gear for...) When your guild/alliance controls a city, your guild leader becomes King of that city. (Till some one takes it from him, that is.)

You could create many of these cities with different cultures and perks for holding. (guild wide buffs, crafting, summon world boss!) You will need to upgrade your Guild system so we can have actual Alliances (in game lists, alliance chat, ect).

How many countries can your mega-guild control at once??
    Today, Nemidia, tomorrow, the world!!

What do you think?
    This my man is one of the best ideas I have read on this forum in a very long time. Funcom should take this and turn it into reality. THis would boost the population and make every pvper a happier person.

You my good man have my vote for this Idea
    Stabbing is fun

Quote Originally Posted by ATN575 View Post
    I agree, this game needs some kind of all out warfare between neighboring countries/city states. It would give the PvP crowd something to fight over other than minis and be truer to the IP of Hiboria. Conan himself rose up from a street thief to mercenary to battle commander to king. I propose, create and environment that players can do the same.

I posted this in the suggestion thread a few months ago.

Usurp a City!!
    [PvP][PvE][Guild]
    New content: create a new city the size of one of the hub cities. Make it another country/culture. Player guilds can capture this city and need to control certain points to maintain control. The NPC that normally controls it will try and retake it randomly. Other player guilds can band together to try and take the city. Siege weapons such as battering rams and boiling oil are used.

This is a full time 24/7 365 PvP zone. It should be hard to maintain control. (This is what you get full T4 gear for...) When your guild/alliance controls a city, your guild leader becomes King of that city. (Till some one takes it from him, that is.)

You could create many of these cities with different cultures and perks for holding. (guild wide buffs, crafting, summon world boss!) You will need to upgrade your Guild system so we can have actual Alliances (in game lists, alliance chat, ect).

How many countries can your mega-guild control at once??
    Today, Nemidia, tomorrow, the world!!

What do you think?
    So your suggesting warzone GW2 style being added to a game where the pvp population on the largest server is capable of providing one normal mini and one conquest at US and EU prime time? That's 30 players.

No pver will care about a warzone unless you get some kind of progression reward for it, and then you would have people in warzones all day but very few will fight each other. It will just e a few pvpers causing problems while everyone raids up and tries to pve a win.

It's very evident that would happen, just look at CE. The problem with pvp is that without large guild rivalry, nobody has any reason to go picking a fight on a larger scale. Give some of the larger guilds a reason to fight over something that does not happen to benefit multiple allies, so it's every guild for themselves, and this might work.

But not with the current situation, it would just be additional pve content to grind out while we all hold each others hand.
    Doomsayer 2008

Suctum, I disagree. In CoH the war zones worked very well, and there was a tonne of PvP going on. Experience tells me something very different from what you said here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12