Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Dev, please read!

Default Game Dev, please read!

Hello,

I just want to make a suggestion, and this suggestion has been thrown around quite a few times. But no real response given at all.

Can we the players please be given the capability to purchase T3 accessories "rings, necks, capes, etc" from T3 relics? Also, T3 and or all other weapons would be great to be able to purchase from as well. I'm not exactly sure why they aren't already available. Maybe a small discussion or heads up on the subject matter is what is needed.

Anyway, Hope all had a great New Years party, and I hope to see all of you around in the land of AOC.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Such idea deal huge damage to T3 raids. Accessories and weapons must be RARE and hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Such idea deal huge damage to T3 raids. Accessories and weapons must be RARE and hard to get.
    No it's been so much time and 2 other tiers have been added,these should be easier to get.Waiting 3 years to go from t1 to t3 axe on my by barb is a good example of how frustrating it can be if there is no other way than luck on drops and rolls.

I agree to keep rare and luck based stuff on higher tiers to keep the interest up and the anticipation on loot rather than having x token=x gear for everything but as game moves on(even at snail's pace) older stuff should get easier to get.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    No it's been so much time and 2 other tiers have been added,these should be easier to get.Waiting 3 years to go from t1 to t3 axe on my by barb is a good example of how frustrating it can be if there is no other way than luck on drops and rolls.

I agree to keep rare and luck based stuff on higher tiers to keep the interest up and the anticipation on loot rather than having x token=x gear for everything but as game moves on(even at snail's pace) older stuff should get easier to get.
    Developers must start with T1 accessories & weapons and wait for feedback. I don't see any reason for starting it with T3. Funcom already nerf T3 and it can be cleared with 1 day.

I just checked, I did 50 T3 raids on my guard, I've seen the guard shield drop once. Ok, that is bad luck, but I got a T4 shield before I got a T3 shield, while I've only done like 20 T4 raids, of which not all of them were clears.

I'd have spent 120 tokens on that shield, now I just got frustrated with T3 and had to spend the tokens on shards (yay! :s)

developers must start with t1 accessories & weapons and wait for feedback. I don't see any reason for starting it with t3. Funcom already nerf t3 and it can be cleared with 1 day.
    +1

We will be Serious after death.

I don't see how it would take interest away from T3 raids at all. If it did anything, it would bring interest to them, not take away.

Reasoning?

The chance at the rings/necks etc would still be viable. And it would encourage people to not only participate in just upper floors. Obtaining relics and rares to get accessories would encourage both floors to be completed, thus increasing participation from more players in general. Also, it's not like a person could do 3 raids in T3 and obtain the amount of relics or rares needed to get the rings/necks. They could increase it to just shy of a grind much like they did with Khatia. Besides, if you want proof that this model works. Look at the expansion, it's still rocking after years of being in place. Just saying!

That can be said with pretty much all my toons, and I'm sure other people.

As far as starting with T1 raids, and T2/3 raids being thrown to the side, I don't even understand the mindset of doing this.

And ultimately it's maddening to go to T3 raids on say a barb, double the other barbs dps, etc. And then roll against the scrub with them winning the roll. It's nice to be able to say to myself that I can earn those rings eventually, not just be out of luck with the typical situation arising all the time.

I honestly think it's a great idea. I still have yet to see an explanation as to why some of your above opinions would happen. "For example less popularity of T3" Explain please, don't just say it's a bad idea and move on.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 3rd January 2014 at 21:23.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Developers must start with T1 accessories & weapons and wait for feedback. I don't see any reason for starting it with T3. Funcom already nerf T3 and it can be cleared with 1 day.
    T1 and T2 stats are almost obsolete on most cases vs Khitai gear which can be acquired through less effort at the moment and with no luck factor.As for t3 it can be cleared in one raid night for years now and it could be even before nerf.Completely different discussion though.

I agree.

Let's face it, even though there are still guilds that cannot down TA, t1-t3 are obsolete content, with armor rewards that will not carry a player into t4+. The only things that will carry a player forward are the accessories and weapons, both of which are too random to farm with any kind of certainty. Even if weapons cost double what a major piece did (and this should apply to all tiers) make them available to the poor schlub who has downed the content 100 times in 3 years but has gotten screwed by the random number gods.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast