Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petition: World Boss & Murder Points

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Worst thing is when your guildies make u murderer on purpose..
    Sorry Derled it's the voices in my head forcing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    It's not a matter of wanting to kill lowbies it's simply a matter of uncontrollable AoEing. There's not only PvE fighting going on on Fury. And having PvP there too is great, but having fights, PvE or PvP in open-world with lowbies running around is game-breaking. You just can not prevent murder points from stacking even if you want to.

A necro using Ice strikes on the boss or Flesh to Worms will get murder points and can't do anything about it. Hoxes with pillars too, conqs doing a WW or BB at the wrong time the same, BS with manifestations will become agressors and get murder points if the lowbie gets killed by someone else. Rangers trap. Barb using bone shatter. Etc.
    Every class has some abilities that have good chances of triggering murder points. Know it and play without them ? lol

The murder system sucks, even in you're own guild city you can by pots if you're a murderer. unable to buy pots, use the trader, annoying to travel, enoying to remove... people just prefer not to kill a boss than get those and be screwed for the rest of the game.

Yes, that's an option too. I don't care how they do it but the murder points needs to stop in those zones.
    And these are just the thing that happen, when the content is used as intended. Then of course there are "clever" people deliberating using being lowbie to get kills and xp and generate murder points.
    Well, to each their own...
    Sad thing is, that ALL this was predicted before bosses were even made or tested at the anniversary in the old forums discussions about bosses. Then it happened as predicted at the anniversary. Then it got ...not changed at all.
    Sure, content is working as intended if one (ONE!!!!) person can ruin it for 48 others, isn't it?

One solution will be a revamped open world consequence system. The other shortterm one can be to change how bosses work and act in between pve or pvp servers (e.g. offer a pvp xp boost around them, disable murder system around them, offer different loot, change how the quest is updated, disable hide around them, make them weaker or increase loot etc. etc.). But please NO pvp rewards for killing the boss like Bori!
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd January 2014 at 14:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    And these are just the thing that happen, when the content is used as intended. Then of course there are "clever" people deliberating using being lowbie to get kills and xp and generate murder points.
    To be fair i haven't seen that many deliberatly give murder points. They want loot and don't care about the rest.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I have 300 murder points lol
    For someone that used to role as an aquilonian soldier defending poor people...how ironic.
    Something need to be done. /signed.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

It is clear that the one designing the world boss event did not know how the open world pvp system works. Murder points are there to make sure lvl 80s do not go to lowbie zones and start killing defenceless people. The free kill buff are there to make sure lowbies do not go to lvl 80 zones and ruin the pvp for those that belong there.

The way this is designed means that you can not make content for lvl 80s in other zones than the ones dedicated to lvl 80s. The current ruleset does not allow it. Therefore all further bosses need to be redesigned to spawn in Kesshata or Commons district. I do not care how cool a poem you made. It is those zones that are made for us to fight in and it is there the bosses need to be.

world boss sux as it was told they will when Sil headed the game

It doesn't suck it has created some awesome open world pvp action in Atzel's Approach and Conall's Valley (in Noble District it sucked only because of the proximity with guards).

Yesterday I had some of the best times on AoC thanks to that, non stop open world pvp till about 5am CET.

Murder points are a real issue though...
    Last edited by kalston; 4th January 2014 at 18:34.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12