Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: These world boss items are too OP.

Since that any item what better when T3 item = OP item? You never seen T3.5 or T4 items?

QQing about items being OP and attainable by the masses without a 24 man strike squad is fail. The epeen rubbing on the pve side is 10x worse then on the pvp side. Another reason the game is dying.
    Last edited by Brazza; 5th January 2014 at 22:51.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Most of the items are way better then T3 and require nothing but a lot of luck to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    QQing about items being OP and attainable by the masses without a 24 man strike squad is fail. The epeen rubbing on the pve side is 10x worse then on the pvp side. Another reason the game dying.
    How people that value dedication and teamplay as a form of progression (MMO) over a solo lagfest contribute to the death of AoC is beyond me.

The new epic items from the world bosses are pretty powerful rewards for foing something that is very easy, but the drop rate seems to be very low. Afaik i am the only one in my guild who got one (i got that hate/prot ring on my tank) so i don't think the weapons/accessories will cause to much imbalance in the game.

It's a lottery mostly aimed at the non uber geared I suppose.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Most of the items are way better then T3 and require nothing but a lot of luck to get.

How people that value dedication and teamplay as a form of progression (MMO) over a solo lagfest contribute to the death of AoC is beyond me.

Skill and PVE should never be in the same sentence. PVE is completely predictable. Team play occurs anytime you have more then 1 person participating. Dedication should not determine who wins or loses in AOC because peeps dedicated more of their life to grinding predictable content.

And this "dedication" automatically starts to exclude people who are less dedicated. Think about that.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Sure we are. Just like you are mad you can't out-pvp ppl that grind T4 anymore, we are mad we can't out-pve people with infinite amounts of time anymore.
    I out pvp t4 clones whenever I step into a mini game, and that's every time I log into minis.

And this has everything to do with the topic at hand, because true pvers can't stand rewards that are not handed to them with a guarantee. It's world bosses meant to reward everyone equally with the same crappy chance at every drop, your mad that you can't rely on the same people to get you through content and cherry pick the rewards based on some stupid DKP system or some other method where people are awarded for just having the time to show up to a predetermined date and time where someone else might not be able to do the same. The world bosses were not meant for that.

All they need to do is create a token system to where you can save them up from boss kills and buy what you want, it still rewards the solo player exactly the same way as the random drops but everyone remains happy because save enough tokens and you could eventually get that one rare piece you wanted.

But to cry about drops which you or your friends can't manipulate is just some hardcore pve qq tbh.
    Last edited by Suctum; 5th January 2014 at 23:34.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I out pvp t4 clones whenever I step into a mini game, and that's every time I log into minis. The fact you think it's OK for people to grind out pve armor because it's more useful in pvp than actual pvp gear for some classes is why this current community is mostly full of fail, very few of us are left that actually pvped for our pvp levels and gear, and the reason why real veterans can dominate in pvp. They actually pvped to get where they are...

And this has everything to do with the topic at hand, because true pvers can't stand rewards that are not handed to them with a guarantee. It's world bosses meant to reward everyone equally with the same crappy chance at every drop, your mad that you can't rely on the same people to get you through content and cherry pick the rewards based on some stupid DKP system or some other method where people are awarded for just having the time to show up to a predetermined date and time where someone else might not be able to do the same.

All they need to do is create a token system to where you can save them up from boss kills and buy what you want, it still rewards the solo player exactly the same way as the random drops but everyone remains happy because save enough tokens and you could eventually get that one rare piece you wanted.

But to cry about drops which you or your friends can't manipulate is just some hardcore pve qq tbh.
    Making the items token-based wouldn't work either. In order to prevent everyone and their mother from getting legendary pets and the new items, you'd have to make it require a ridiculous amount of tokens, meaning a ridiculous timesink.

Basically only the people with the patience and time to hunt world bosses for many hours every week with world bosses would get it, and casuals wouldn't stand a chance to get anything but consumables, t1 and vanity armour.

Caudilloo is right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    They actually pvped to get where they are...
    I used that example because I think it is wrong that you can PvE for the best PvP gear, and it is only natural that PvPers feel that it is unfair.

I also think that it is wrong that you can do some lame, solo, lagfest of a boss and pass all of T1-T3.

Group and raidcontent, group pvp and RP is what a MMO is and should be about in my opinion and solo play should only be a start to learn some basic game mechanics (leveling) or play a minor part in a characters progression (factions).

Ps. Even tho I think a token system for this worldboss still leaves a lot of issues (I disagree with weapons this good coming from something this mindless in the firstplace), it would at least be better then the one in a million chance of getting what we want now.

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    Making the items token-based wouldn't work either. In order to prevent everyone and their mother from getting legendary pets and the new items, you'd have to make it require a ridiculous amount of tokens, meaning a ridiculous timesink.

Basically only the people with the patience and time to hunt world bosses for many hours every week with world bosses would get it, and casuals wouldn't stand a chance to get anything but consumables, t1 and vanity armour.
    Look, I wanted the dragon pet on my demo. The reality of it was that I acknowledges the fact that I don't have more than an hour or two most days of the week to spend time waiting in instances to farm bosses on one toon since it takes forever if you log in at the wrong time to even get 1 boss kill.

I've chalked it up to that if I get it-great. If not, oh well. I'm not going to spend hours wasting away on a social pet that does not add any value to my character's progression. At this point, I'm lucky if I can just keep up with spawns to get 2 or 3 toons keyed for the kill a night so I can keep all my alts current for the cloak.

But to come to the forums and cry "people are getting better gear than me and I worked hard for mine"...cry me a freaking river. Ever compare t4 caster gear to pvp gear? Lots of people have been getting screwed for a long time, it's just that some of the pve crowd are starting to feel what pvpers have felt since about 2010.

*The "good" weapons from the bosses are just as easy to obtain as memory cloud weapons, so what's the difference if someone's blue gear alt is running around with a world boss purple rather than a memory cloud ring or weapon...other than you feel you "earned" yours as opposed to theirs...that's just gear reliance jealously at it's best.
    Last edited by Suctum; 5th January 2014 at 23:51.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast