Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: These world boss items are too OP.

As much as I'd like one I have to agree with usedtissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    As much as I'd like one I have to agree with usedtissue.
    I made this topic mostly about the weapons actually.

I agree about the dragon being rare. It should be to keep it attractive. The weapons however are a whole different topic. They are not attractive as vanity or because they are rare but because of the very good stats they have.

i got few things to say here

first of all i advise you pve carebears to remain down and silent i know you luv grinding timeleslly for hour and hours same content but you finally got something better then static dungeons in the end

on the other hand i logged my sin today with hope for some fun on fury - yes im pvp player mostly - and what i have to say its pretty damn ace fun here - dragon was bit wierd since ppl could run - either to castle or to guards and then all the murdered suddenly appeared but with winter king is a hell of different story - at first i started with checking if shouts about wb was true but unluckily the zone wasnt accessable cos of well organized group of gankers - camping mountain ledge with ranged dps only accesible by going through quite high ladder first ... so after they were finally wiped it appeared that there wasnt many/enough ppl for this event since it needs a lot now - the latest wb. But at same time wb in atzel - after killing last of remains in connals i went there and this was not midnless grind believe me - idk if this latest wb can be one shooted but it took us nearly 2 hours constant fighting and running around to down him (more then 40 players) - ofc some ppl are there only for pvp - like me i dont care about loot so i even didnt open cache - have about 5 of dragon ones on my dt at first when event started - unopened too,

so ...

for me its very good idea to revive population on servers - i dont play crom so i cant say how it is there but on fury it seems very very alive btw they could introduce thing that when player gets slayers buff and other player have it too there is a chance when they fight and someone dies for a better loot not just random stuff like there was now for ages - maybe even same caches like from wb but with small chance for em

and with my whole experience with latest content i saw only one decent drop - i had 1 x t1 boots and 1 x t2 boots plus some petty nice looking 1h on my barb - ofc after consuming mitra blessing - and that nice drop was some 1h with like 1h ibis dps or smth - made me want to play more to get some kind of stuff like that but dragon was really boring so i chucked those plans and went back to neverwinter - but as i already mentioned winter king alias yeti is totally other side of the coin - and if they will try to keep it with some add ons as it is like that for the furture - i mean totally open world i think it will get more and more fans

World Boss itself is wrong from my point of view.
    It requires no tactic, no class knowledge, nothing excpet beeing in game in the right instance.

The problem about rings and weapons is not that they are so rare, it's that THEY SHOULD ABSOLUTELY NOT BE IN THE LOOT TABLE.
    If they are in the loot table, then it's ok for me if they are so rare (or even more rare).

The only epic item dropping from world bosses should be the epic dragion pet or something like that: some vanity stuff, not power gear/weapon/accessories.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I made this topic mostly about the weapons actually.

I agree about the dragon being rare. It should be to keep it attractive. The weapons however are a whole different topic. They are not attractive as vanity or because they are rare but because of the very good stats they have.
    and after i read that mo*on again it remided me of FC future plans for the game - i mean crafting ... so well if you dont like it that gear will be easily accessible from now on better change suroundings - since now items on par with t4 or even better since stats will be totally customizable will be availbe for purchasing for gold or through procces of making them by yourslef, so yes idk what can you do else then showoff with gear like t4 on crom - especially to make cry poor noobs or f2p players but prepare that this is over - you hear me and im glad cos i really never was into pve - hmmm funniest is that pve that drove me into the most was solo story

I don't find those weapons OP at all

I got one t2 dagger and around 7 t1 daggers for fresh 80lvl sin. And some t1/t2 gear pieces

Now i can play how i enjoy, i kill people and then i get reward for it. Finally rewarding pvp for fresh alts

I hate to raid t1 and t2 because of amount of Trash mobs on them.

I agree with Jin, especially since weapons is really what is missing. Getting decent weapons is hard. Blue crafted ones, not many that good and often out of price, especially if you're fairly fresh to the game. T2 weapons are rather rare and t1 ones not all that good.

I don't see how raiding T1 is more challenging than the world bosses. Or how it requires more skill. Anyway...

Live and let live.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I agree with Jin, especially since weapons is really what is missing. Getting decent weapons is hard. Blue crafted ones, not many that good and often out of price, especially if you're fairly fresh to the game. T2 weapons are rather rare and t1 ones not all that good.

I don't see how raiding T1 is more challenging than the world bosses. Or how it requires more skill. Anyway...

Live and let live.
    We were not speaking about T1 / T2 weapons, we were talking about the rare drop epic weapons which are on par or even better than T3

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    and after i read that mo*on again it remided me of FC future plans for the game - i mean crafting ... so well if you dont like it that gear will be easily accessible from now on better change suroundings - since now items on par with t4 or even better since stats will be totally customizable will be availbe for purchasing for gold or through procces of making them by yourslef, so yes idk what can you do else then showoff with gear like t4 on crom - especially to make cry poor noobs or f2p players but prepare that this is over - you hear me and im glad cos i really never was into pve - hmmm funniest is that pve that drove me into the most was solo story
    Nobody ever said anything on what level the items will be that you can craft. Only that they will be epic.

Judging by the effort T3.5 and T4 took/takes it's common sense for me that T4, which requires skill and teamplay, (think of the first two letters in MMO) will most likely be more powerfull then the crafted stuff. This is not the point tho.

Just for the record: I'm talking about the NEW weapons and accessories like guardianshield, conqueror prot 2h, crit/hate/prot ring etc.
    The T1/T2 gear is fine by me. It's nice if you get it on some bluegeared alt but not something you would camp a instance for hours.

And yes, I will most likely change game if AoC becomes all about crafting in stead of actual PvE, but what does the crafting revamp have to do with this topic apart from making your childish point that PvE is stupid and only a instrument to progress in PvP?

Agree with Vehl btw. Can we leave the whole chewed out 'PvE/PvP-is-stupid-and-only-I-play-this-game-the-right-way' discussion for another topic?
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 2nd January 2014 at 19:41.

If you are going to run multiple times on the world bosses, you are not going to have a good chance at a good drop. So are you going to go for an obscure alt or a main character where you might luck out and get a legendary social pet or t3.5 weapon?

IF I get a pet on my main then I might use my main tank (guard) to try and get the shield. Even though my chances are virtually nil.

But it gives me interest in coming to the game and trying. And any ftps who get some decent t1/t2 gear vs the greens/blues they have now might even decide to sub and play the 80 plus game.

If the t3.5 stuff dropped every few kills that would be a bit too much. But I've seen the guard shield (which I like the looks of) and the conq 2H so far posted in global. One of my guildies (out of at least 15 plus doing intense 'searching') has gotten a ring.

Just getting tired of old potions and four hour food drops. But I did more yeti kills yesterday as it was easier to get into the instances now than in nobles/commons (even though lag was much worse) so I got a couple social pets and one set t3 relics. No baby yeti yet although one of my guildies got one.

Its fun. And if it boosts Funcom interest then that's a bonus. The drop rate for the really good stuff isn't very good which is reasonable.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast