Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Class with easiest time fresh into Khitai

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    I've been to Khitai on my HoX, PoM, and Conq, and have seen others in Khitai as well. In my experience, Conq was able to truck through Khitai without too much problem, and strangely enough, I did better on my HoX than my PoM. It could be my inexperience with caster classes, however. I tended to keep moving and kiting with my HoX a lot. Conq can just plant its feet and tank.

Really, any class can do Khitai if you love the class enough. I did Dreamscape of Leng on my undergeared PoM, and I consider that place to be hell.
    what spec conq?

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    ? I'm doing Paikang with my green geared necro... Gear isn't everything, maybe you need to try new rotation, builds, kiting... at the same time you'll understand several mechanics that will make you a good pver/pvper.

You really should get better with your necro. If you had a hard time with it, I don't believe a soldier/barb wuld be a better choice.

Just my opinion.
    i ground enough on my necro back then that i apparantly have a tiger mount.

however i still swapped to a bear shaman, and it was just stupid easy by comparison.

this was over 3 years ago. since then both classes have seen changes, and i've forgotten pretty much all there is to knwo about the game. playing any of my 3 80's is out of the question. so i will be starting new.

conq seems to be the way to go but i'm not afraid to admit that after a little over 20 years of MUD's and MMORPG's, one of the other casters is also appealing due to not having to deal with melee combat. my issue with casters has always been the fact that outside of bear shaman - and this may have changed - most classes in this game have terrible issues with resource management in and after combat. if i am at under half mana/stamina just doing trash landscape khitai mobs for quests, that's an efficiency issue that would trouble me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Even better, use Earth Shatter, Bone Shatter and then Stunning Punch and then Wreck Armor buffed up. Paikang and Kara Korum mobs are not gonna fall by Wreck Armor, Shrapnel, DoD, Haste and Impale alone.
    believe me they will once you are geared and know how to do it
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

I've blown through Gateway pretty fast on my Bear Shaman and Barb. Probably because of their ability to constantly heal and dish out good dps.

Quote Originally Posted by narial View Post
    what spec conq?
    I did part of Grasslands as Carnage Conq before the Conq revamp, and that was tough. After revamp, trying out new Brute Conq, enemies kinda wilted before me. I hardly play my conq these days, so I never got past the early bits of KK or so, never went to Valley of Giants or deep Crater.

i did all mine in blues went with sin the dt and barb conq and honestly the easiest was conq then a 2h barb

Quote Originally Posted by seabeevet View Post
    i did all mine in blues went with sin the dt and barb conq and honestly the easiest was conq then a 2h barb
    I actually found most of the classes pretty easy to roll around in grasslands.

I think HoX I had the hardest time rolling around in really crap blue gear because I had less than 6k health, but once I got K6 blues it was murder city.

Easiest though? Prolly a Conq or Demo I would think.
    Doomsayer 2008

I have hard time with my fresh ranger & hox when you need to kill wave of mobs in few quests, especially in Chosain Province. Valley of Giants or deep Crater don't have much problems

I would say ToS. Stormfield, Storm Crown, Aura of Nebthu, AoE damage on blue heal, Serpent Transmutation...You can survive any amount of mobs you are able to pull with this.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast