Thread: WB schedules could be clearer

Default WB schedules could be clearer

I logged in this evening thinking it would be the last day to do the first world boss. Have been busy with other things and so hadn't yet logged it but thought there was time. Then people are calling out yetis instead of dragons it it seems to have already passed. There seemed to be a couple people in chat with the same confusion/miss and maybe more not saying anything.

Since there is a 12 month sequence that now can't be completed it now seems like there is much less of a point in bothering at all, which is kind of irritating and I may skip it entirely. Once I figured out I'd actually missed it I just logged off...

I don't know if the schedule got SNAFU'ed of if it is running on GMT or what but there should be some sort of standardized and POSTED time bracket other than "sort of a week" so this type of thing can be avoided. I was online somewhere around 7-9PM PST so this doesn't even seem like an east/west coast issue, though maybe if there just happened to be none near the cut off.
    It is unclear and confusing given some previous event timetables that went well into the AM and/or until a downtime wall, and no post that I have seen was ever specific. It would be nice to know exactly what we are dealing with fore boss event times.

Don't give up just yet

Allow me to quote the dev himself on the subject

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor
    There is a quest to kill 12 bosses.
    Whenever you kill a new boss one of those 12 goals will be updated.
    When you kill the next boss whichever goal is next will be updated

This way if you say miss the December boss and then kill the January boss your 1st goal will be updated, while someone that kills both will have had their 1st and 2nd goals updated by this point.

So in other words if you miss 1 boss your penalty will be going 1 month behind rather than having to wait a whole year. So there should still be incentive to try and be there but if you can't then the penalty is a lot less severe.
    http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...198#post585198
    Operator irc.funcom.com:6667 #ageofconan #thesecretworld
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the world asunder
    Dysphoria - Murky Templar - Icoyce - Herald of the Black Kraken - Eriphyle - Shebearman

Thanks for clarifying that. That info is actually quite helpful. That means if I have future crappy schedules I can still do these WBs for the quest which is nice.

That said it would still be nice to know what we are dealing with for the exact time brackets, e.g. always midnight GMT or (?) but at least missing out on one matters a lot less.

Yes, Funcom seems to always use GMT as their timezone. The dragons stopped spawning and the Yeti started right on schedule.