Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't upgrade to premium

Default Can't upgrade to premium

Hey, been trying for days and waiting for funcom to get back to help me. I have tried 3 different valid visa cards and they are not being accepted. I've entered the details numerous times and still nothign. payments denied but I'm getting this error also. (see below)

We could not find a valid upgrade offer by the given url
    Try looking for the subscription upgrade you want in the list below
    Please contact Customer Support for further assistance

I'm a returning player, been away for 2 years I think. Maybe more, probably 3. No help from funcom to 2 tickets and online chat thingy. Really really really want to go premium to access my characters.

Anyone had this issue before? thanks in advance
    Deadlobster

I don't think Funcom themselves know how to navigate their subscription page. Its always been buggy and they've been known to do some odd things. They do not take Visa gift cards btw.

I suggest making a Paypal account, and subscribing to premium using that. This way they never see your card information, and its guaranteed to always work. If you are lucky, look for game cards on Ebay. These will always work also.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I don't think Funcom themselves know how to navigate their subscription page. Its always been buggy and they've been known to do some odd things. They do not take Visa gift cards btw.

I suggest making a Paypal account, and subscribing to premium using that. This way they never see your card information, and its guaranteed to always work. If you are lucky, look for game cards on Ebay. These will always work also.
    I suggest paypal as well. FC have a security check that can reject valid credit cards. The way you are informed that a card payment has been rejected is your account is banned with an obscure message when you try to log on. You then have to investigate yourself and this will lead you to FC accounts dpt who will ask you to email them a scan of an Id like your driver license and the credit card. If you do not do this, you will remain permanently banned from the game (even if you still have active sub time on your account).
    Last edited by dubhuir; 1st January 2014 at 00:07.

Funcom might want to look into this if they want to continue to make money...

Quote Originally Posted by CimmerianHoX View Post
    Funcom might want to look into this if they want to continue to make money...

Agreed, tried paypal, the works, still no joy. Seems completely braindead that they havent got this right. i want to give them money to fully enjoy the product "FUNCOM, take my money please!"

One week later and I'm still waiting. I had to send images of my driving license and credit card to funcom. Did that on Tuesday morning, maybe Wednesday, still waiting to upgrade my account. I've never seen a more ridiculous setup. I'm fighting to give them money and they seem like they don't want to take it.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My subscription cycle ran out December 31st, it was set to renew with the same cc I have been using to purchase game points with all year, never had an issue. Still the subscription renewal payment failed and my account was instantly banned!
    I have been a paying premium customer for YEARS (since May 2008), it takes You no time at all to ban and close my account, extremely efficient!
    Instant ban instead of sending me an email inquiring why my payment failed etc...
    You never even sent me an email, just instant ban... WTF?
    When I discovered the problem, I immediately go online, change my CC and try to process a new payment, I even contact and talk to a GM on the Live Chat who promises to tag the ticket for faster processing, it still takes you ?DAYS? to get things done. I'm still sitting here with a closed account, it's like You don't want my money! What kind of ridiculous business practices is this?

What You should do when things like this happens, is give your long time loyal paying customer a few days grace period, send out an email and give the customer a chance to correct the problem rather than being the most efficient account closers ever seen, especially considering that it takes You forever and a half to process payments, unlike EVERY OTHER BUSINESS IN THE WORLD! When You accept credit cards as payment for a Service as opposed to a physical item/goods, it's common practice to instantly give access to such service pending payment approval on credit card. If the payment were to fail, closing the service is fast, easy and a couple of days of service access was "lost".

I'm still sitting here with a banned account, missing out on the world boss events, which I assume your GM's are incapable of reimbursing me for if I were ever to be let back in the game. I haven't even heard back from your customer "service" yet, and when talking to GM's in Live Chat, they are as per game design unable to do anything...

Never been more disappointed with Funcom! and considering how many disappointments there have been, that says a lot.

Pardon my language, but what a fu*king joke!
    Last edited by setara; 4th January 2014 at 19:24.

The billing system is terrible. I tried to purchase Funcom points before the end of the holiday event so I could get the 30% bonus points. Paypal failed despite multiple attempts and even though I use that same Paypal account for my subscription and regularly for online purchases. I then tried 2 different credit cards. Both failed. I tried contacting support and a day later they asked me to send a picture of my drivers license and credit cards which I did. It's been 2-3 days since I sent the information they requested and still no word. It's a wonder they manage to stay in business when we can't even give them money.

My view payments has about 14 pint denied lines. I don't get why. I'm using the the card, just the new issued one, as the other had expired and days later after sending in my details again I'm still waiting. Back to work Monday, pissed off that I havent had time to use my 80's and re familiarize myself with them.

Grrrrrrrrrr x2

I feel your pain. The week it took me to resub and give funcom money was the most frustrating experience I've ever had online. The card I use for my online transactions as rejected and my account banned with no notification or message that it was related to the payment. I wasn't even allowed to try paying with a different payment method, unless i send scans of my card and licence for the card that they decided to reject.
    Last edited by dubhuir; 4th January 2014 at 23:04.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast