Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't upgrade to premium

Quote Originally Posted by dubhuir View Post
    I feel your pain. The week it took me to resub and give funcom money was the most frustrating experience I've ever had online. The card I use for my online transactions as rejected and my account banned with no notification or message that it was related to the payment. I wasn't even allowed to try paying with a different payment method, unless i send scans of my card and licence for the card that they decided to reject.
    That's what makes it extra insulting, it'll probably take a week or so to get sorted out, and I'll miss out on this weeks world boss all together, and you know with the ingenious coding in this game there will be nothing any GM can do for me in regards to getting credit for the kills/items lost, so I'm getting screwed over long term!

Just another way of thanking people for paying & playing since 2008...

I have to agree. The design of their subscription page/system is nothing short of terrible. It IS something they HAVE to fix if they want more revenue (i know, ingame content etc, but if you chase potential customers away before they even log in...)
    The thread starter actually cared enough to post about it. Im sure many potential customers had the same issue, cursed at the monitor and gave up without us ever knowing about it.
    I had somewhat of the same expirience when I started, but I had a few reallife buddies playing, so I had decided to start playing before running into problems.

Funcom should look at Eve-online's system with regards to billing;

Sub ended? When you try to log in you get a Subscription expired! message with some info. Log onto your profile, renew sub, and usually within 10 seconds you are able to log in. Simply amazing service and account service webpage system.

Funcoms account profile page is in desperate need of a overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by setara View Post
    That's what makes it extra insulting, it'll probably take a week or so to get sorted out, and I'll miss out on this weeks world boss all together, and you know with the ingenious coding in this game there will be nothing any GM can do for me in regards to getting credit for the kills/items lost, so I'm getting screwed over long term!

Just another way of thanking people for paying & playing since 2008...
    Why should the GM's give you credit for the kills/items you didn't gain since you didn't play? I understand your frustration quite well (it's sometimes a bitch to pay Funcom, a Norwegian company, even for me, being a Norwegian living in Norway, heh), but still: you haven't played during the time of the events.

Be that as it may, have you contacted support either through emails or through the Live Chat-system?
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Why should the GM's give you credit for the kills/items you didn't gain since you didn't play? I understand your frustration quite well (it's sometimes a bitch to pay Funcom, a Norwegian company, even for me, being a Norwegian living in Norway, heh), but still: you haven't played during the time of the events.
    As a Norwegian, living in the U.S. Funcom being a Norwegian company is what since 2008 has made me better understand the utter lack of customer service, backwoods coding skills and inexperienced business practices better than most paying customers...

The GM's should potentially compensate me for my loss of World Boss kills/items because it is through no fault of my own, but purely through the fault of Funcom that I have missed out on this event! I do see though, how it can be argued still that it would be unjust for me to receive any form of "compensation". Personally I do not agree with that, as at this point, me being compensated might mean the difference between making money off of me as a customer for the coming years vs loosing yet another paying customer, but Funcom customer "service" is well known, and the likelihood of me ending up a happy customer at the end of this farce, is if anything, remote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukkithedd View Post
    Be that as it may, have you contacted support either through emails or through the Live Chat-system?
    I contacted customer support through email 4 days ago, and subsequently two more times since then. I have yet to even receive a reply!
    I used the Live-Chat system first time 3 days ago, and again the following day and spoke to GM's. They are as per game design unable to do anything! They claimed they would tag my ticket for priority and expedited handling, which has had no effect what so ever!

I sent created 2 tickets on the issue. They emailed me the other night saying the ticket was closed.... how? you haven't freakin sorted the problem. Still awaiting new on the images I sent in. I truly do not understand it. I agree with the post (few back) how many people just said "screw this" and went elsewhere. If I had other options I would probably just feck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Niallis View Post
    I sent created 2 tickets on the issue. They emailed me the other night saying the ticket was closed.... how? you haven't freakin sorted the problem. Still awaiting new on the images I sent in. I truly do not understand it. I agree with the post (few back) how many people just said "screw this" and went elsewhere. If I had other options I would probably just feck off.
    This situation happens quite a lot, in fact, it happened every time one of my guildies had to resub. Its what I meant by the "odd things" they do.

Their retarded subscription system automatically bans your account for a failed payment, which shouldn't fail in the first place.
    So its banned, and there is no way to process another payment. The funny thing is the Live Chat people see no error at all in this illogical system. Their system process is extremely insulting. And you see the only way to clear the ban is send them pics of your CC/DL, and this can take up to 2 weeks. Who knows what they do with them...

I leave all of my accounts on canceled. This way there is no way their system can process anything. I also prefer to use game cards, but unfortunately they are getting really hard to find.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

All account issues should be conveyed through the proper channels with customer service. To contact Customer Service via email is to send an email through http://help.funcom.com or to go to http://www.ageofconan.com/support and click on "Email Support".

As account and support issues are a private matter, the thread will now be closed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums. If you have any questions on this moderation then please feel free to contact the Head Moderator or Community Manager.
    Melcom ~ Head Moderator
    Deutsche Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Forenregeln ~ Funcom Kunden Service
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Anmerkung: Die in diesem Beitrag ausgedrückten Meinungen sind ausschließlich die des Autors und spiegeln nicht unbedingt die Ansichten von Funcom oder dessen Management wieder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12