Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to become a better PoM

About AA's...

Decisive Strikes, Pressing Strikes and Empowered Mending should be maxed and ALWAYS equipped.

Light the Path and Shield of Brilliance is the best combo if you are in dps gear. Two ranks in Light the Path is enough to make it available for every Repulse cooldown. Shield of Briliance get as many points as you can and use it when ever off cooldown when the tank is taking damage.

Put on some heal rating (at least 2000) and you can go with Shimmering Invocation. Emissary *can* be useful in particular fights but in most circumstances Shimmering Invocation will heal more than what Emissary can absorb.

From what i read, i would say
    - big heals can be used as soon as tank has lost some hits rather than wait for him to be low on health
    - using shield of brillance or at least littany of protection - especially if you combine it with blessing of mitra
    - reduce recast timer of rebuke to build up divine halo faster since you don't have other fast casts (i.e. cleansing fire and instant smite)
    - if you are ok with mana and need more healing, keep celestial gaze always on CD. It isnt that weak (over the course of a fight that is a lot of extra healing). Of course if the tank does not need it, better use that mana and couple of seconds for dps
    - remind the tanks to run healing potions anytime, you meet all kind of players especially in PUGs, some who forget/did not learn the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    This is the only thing you're not doing ~perfect. Use your Big as soon as there "is room" for that amount of healing on the tank's healthbar. Unless of course the fight is just about to stop or pause (e.g. Reliquary of Flame boss hitting 75%)

You should focus on gear with Critical Rating and Critical Damage Rating. These stats will empower your Radiance, Lance of Mitra and Divine Halo heals greatly. There is rarely a need for going over 2k-2,5k Heal rating anyway. I would get Scarlet Circle big pieces. and throw in whatever small pieces with heal rating you have to get a balanced HR figure.
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iyon View Post
    This is the only thing you're not doing ~perfect. Use your Big as soon as there "is room" for that amount of healing on the tank's healthbar.
    I can't agree more. This is the single biggest mistake I see priest classes doing. If you are waiting till a tank hit's 25% health, once you throw that big, he'll be up to 35-40% health. Now what? Unless you have a Celestial or Shimmering ready to go that tank is in serious trouble.

However, if we're talking about any fight where it's necessary to for two tanks to trade agro: 90% of the time, it's the lack of proper agro swapping between the two that kills a tank, not the healers inability to throw a big heal with perfect timing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12