Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Bosses & PVP

Default World Bosses & PVP

You know what would be fun. If 2 raids would have to show up to summon the world boss and then kill each other for the right to kill the world boss and get its loot.

2 legions enter. Who will survive for the glorious battle vs the Dragon! There's even RP content in it for the Erpers out there.
    Last edited by Brazza; 28th December 2013 at 22:49.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

I think it would be fun with you need to achive xx amount of points. Lets say 1000 points to start the ritual each mob is 1 point and each player is 10 points or something like that.

What you're both decribing is what funcom suggested and what the community objected to quite vocally.

So they canned the idea.

Personally I think that PVPing for the right to farm a PVE boss is a bit strange. I'd rather they add some real PVP systems or PVP content.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Are you saying the community said no to PVP content? Gawd fail is fail.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Personally I think that PVPing for the right to farm a PVE boss is a bit strange. I'd rather they add some real PVP systems or PVP content.
    id a agree to that, just dont make sense, we could argue that pvers dont enjoy pvp and pvpers dont enjoy pve, basically both sides wouldnt get exactly what they seek: pvers to smash their buttons and brag about loot, and pvpers to smash ppl a pat their epeen

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    Are you saying the community said no to PVP content? Gawd fail is fail.
    It's not pvp content.

The PvE players hitting the dragon are doing PvE.
    The PvP players hitting the PvE players are farming xp and tokens but you cant really class it as PvP. It's just farming.

In the end the Dragon dies but It's not really PvP content and the World boss thing that funcom proposed would have been the same.

So everyone told funcom no to World Bosses as pvp content.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

It's not pvp content.

The PvE players hitting the dragon are doing PvE.
    The PvP players hitting the PvE players are farming xp and tokens but you cant really class it as PvP. It's just farming.

In the end the Dragon dies but It's not really PvP content and the World boss thing that funcom proposed would have been the same.

So everyone told funcom no to World Bosses as pvp content.
    hmm conclusions made: unchained minis asap

What you're both decribing is what funcom suggested and what the community objected to quite vocally.

So they canned the idea.

Who objected? This sounds like the way it should be played, not waiting around for 3 hours instance jumping only to crash once it spawns.

If I could kill the people crowding the instance and send them elsewhere, that sounds Fvcking fantastic compared to the waiting we have now...
    Doomsayer 2008

I'm not saying raid A is killing the boss while raid B is killing raid A. What I am saying is no single raid is able to spawn the boss period. You need 2 raids and before any raid can spawn the boss those two raids have to kill each other. The winning raid gets the win and the right to spawn the boss. Its combining PVP+PVE, since AOC is like that anyway. Call it Capture the Boss, stick it into an instance and poof PVP content on the cheap.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Who objected? This sounds like the way it should be played, not waiting around for 3 hours instance jumping only to crash once it spawns.

If I could kill the people crowding the instance and send them elsewhere, that sounds Fvcking fantastic compared to the waiting we have now...
    If you were able to read the old forums you would see the discussion. Maybe some of it is on testlive.

The basic problem was that people were concerned it would be either "Bori 2.0" or a "What guild zergs hardest". There was maybe 2 people that were positive about this (one of them Sillyrion) and hundreds of people saying no this is cr4p give us real pvp content.

So it was canned and funcom went zero dark 30 on the topic of pvp.

I'm sure if you look harder you will find something.

And FYI: Killing a bunch of people occupied fighting a PVE boss is not PVP.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast