Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: World bosses ruining the game

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    ... people do it for no apparent reason.
    You really should consider bottling up your negativity, both on the forums and in game, as there are significant numbers enjoying the content despite elitist protests.

The world bosses provide the opportunity for people to obtain some basic gear for their characters, that will then allow them to participate in content that they would not ordinarily have access to. Let's face it most groups regardless of content advertise for xp, gear and AAs, this will assist somewhat.

It's only one week a month ordinarily. Keep smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Yup. There is nothing new, nothing interesting, nor hard about it; still, people do it for no apparent reason.
    All due respect, Alex. However, sometimes I feel like you would not be satisfied with the game no matter what happened / not happened. Even if everything in your signature became reverted or changed into what you wanted, a kick in the nuts and being whipped by a chain lash would be obligatory for you to enjoy the game.

This is new content in the matter of new items dropping from the bosses. Inventory bags, bank space, nice pets, vanity sets and the T1-2 armors for lower geared characters. We have seen the dragon in the districts before, but Funcom has added tons of items to the loot table (thanks for 18 prayer books and 12 ritual knives btw!) There are 11 more bosses to come, one week per month, and I really look forward to the more difficult ones! I suspect the later bosses have advanced tactics that wipe out all players in vicinity if not countered properly.

We can not ask for new content in forms of instances or raids, the departments at Funcom has been cut so dramatically that there is almost no resources available at development or design for Age of Conan. Which will be six years old in a few months... Recycled bosses and instances are kind of fresh and it saves time for world designers. I'd rather have that than nothing.

Our group has been quite happy with the event. Typically have to wait about 30-45 mins to get a pop and some chars get real goodies, others get silly potions. Over the weekend we have been camping like two dragons early, then go do other stuff and later in the evening finish up with a couple more dragons. The armor bits we are getting on the 60-75 toons is a big boost for the day they hit 80 and the whole thing is a nice diversion from the typical daily routine in Conan.

Shax, you do not have to respect an old grumpy guy .
    I like (even love) some changes! I checked Caravan's Hideout and Scorpions' Cave normal modes, and they were redone in a great way.
    I loved that Halloween event.
    I support how Funcom handles HoX and PVP overall at the moment, as they are almost perfect (but yes, I would love to have visible K/D and other statistics as well: but I do not complain about that)!
    But we all know the psychology of the average joe (which I am, in a way, too): people complain about things ten times as much as they compliment the things they love.
    I complained, though, about the insane AA gain and World Bosses.

And as you, Shax, say that the world bosses will be harder (and maybe much more rare in spawns) over time, I may reconsider my thoughts on the World Bosses as well. For the moment, it is complete rubbish on Crom.

If anything from my signature changes, I will be a happy boy!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 30th December 2013 at 13:42.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

IMO, they should put a 4 hr cooldown on them, but significantly increase the drop rate on purples, and the rate at which the dragon drop from the purple boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillee View Post
    IMO, they should put a 4 hr cooldown on them, but significantly increase the drop rate on purples, and the rate at which the dragon drop from the purple boxes.
    They already give too much purple stuff.

A 4 hour lockout is enough.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

How many kills should it take to get a dragon pet? Considering that during prime time you have to sit two to three spawns ahead and wait for the cultists, and can't do anything else in game because you would not be able to get back into a full instance...its not like you are likely to be getting four spawns an hour.

If I don't get my dragon in the next two nights (working) does that mean I won't have another chance for a year? I'd rather have a dragon pet than a kraken thingie or whatever.

Guess is that they are putting pets in the item store. Anything else would be weird, considering the amount of people that want them and not gonna get them.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

relog, kill, relog, kill, relog, kill, fap, relog, fap, kill.
    We will be Serious after death.

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post

Really? Because I've done it probably 20 times and the only purple I got turned out to be 3 worthless t3 relics.

Considering the dragon is likely only available for 2 more days, I'd like a decent chance to get it before it's gone for a year.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast