Thread: Problem with the Quest for the World Boss Event

Default Problem with the Quest for the World Boss Event

I got the first boss killed when I had the Journal with 35/30 quests, which lead to get no quest but the buff/icon for slaying the Dragon.

Now I can't get the first potent done because of this.

Anyone had the same issue and got it fixed?
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

..petition?
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

If there was a player way I would prefer but it might be better to make the petition.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

No such way to get rid of the buff that updates the quest as a player. Gms will probably not help you either.. sad but true.

GMs could likely give him credit for the first boss kill though. I've heard that if you delete the quest but have the icon up you will not get credit for the first portent. And that the portent does not 'clear' if you delete the quest (probably so people can't bug it out and get more than one portent credit too early).

Can't see a reason for that; assuming that each portent have a different value for one of each boss, being able to delete it by option wouldn't hurt.
    I don't want to be killing for 12 months a boss and participate on the event with the objective to have the reward, if at the end Funcom will tell me that I can't have it because of this bug.
    The buff shouldn't be given unless the player had the quest, this would make it simpler.
    I got the buff without having the quest. Pointless.

The way it works, I explained this in another thread is like this. Each boss grants its own buff, slayer of xx boss. Everytime your buff goes from january buff to february buff the quest will update. This is in my opinion the best and least code heavy solution. If you were able to delete the buff you would have legendary cloaks yesterday already.

To OP, I have the same issue. Quest not updating, my questlog was full the first time I killed the dragon and I haven't been able to get it updated since.

The GM I spoke with said we had to wait for devs to figure out a solution as he wasn't allowed or able to update the quest for me.