Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Raid Demo

Isn't this what you do with pretty much any spell in the game o.o

If Im not mistaken not only does this boost your groupmates, the 6 second duration synergizes well with instants/wof?

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Isn't this what you do with pretty much any spell in the game o.o

If Im not mistaken not only does this boost your groupmates, the 6 second duration synergizes well with instants/wof?
    Yes, it's a good group buff. You could also just macro it to auto cast like people do with DT sadism procc spell if you don't want to "click" Of course you could just bind it to E or Q or some easy to reach button that should not make it a problem to "click"
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    The point that annoys me is that you have to klick (mouse-klick or keyboard-klick) it again and again every few seconds. It's a personal thing, though; the spell is pretty much okay.
    Cooldown is 25 seconds.

25 seconds! In a raid lasting 3 hours (x 60 minutes x 60 seconds) that's 432 button or mouse klicks! Waaaaaayyyyy too much for an efficiency loving guy like me.

But yes, yes, it's a viable feat, as I said.

I just don't like it, that's all.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Imagine playing a tali DT with ritualistic bloodshed every 10 seconds.
    That is pretty much the reason why I still like playing depravity with dread more then deep desecration builds, so I completely understand why you would say no to a good feat simply because it makes gameplay less enjoyable.

Do as I do on my DT with ritualistic bloodshed and just macro unholy hate to cast every 26 seconds if you find it to much work to do it manually. If you want to optimize your personal dps however you can use it right before your burst.
    Downside of this is that you boost your own dps but in the end the raid might not do better since your group has to wait a few seconds longer for it every time while you wait for the cooldowns on your burst.

Putting it on a 26sec macro to make sure there is some room in case stuff laggs a bit is pretty much the optimal result for the minimum amount of work if you ask me. That's what I would do it I were still raiding with my demo more then just Entity.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 28th April 2014 at 18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    That is pretty much the reason why I still like playing depravity with dread more then deep desecration builds, so I completely understand why you would say no to a good feat simply because it makes gameplay less enjoyable.

Do as I do on my DT with ritualistic bloodshed and just macro unholy hate to cast every 26 seconds if you find it to much work to do it manually. If you want to optimize your personal dps however you can use it right before your burst.
    Downside of this is that you boost your own dps but in the end the raid might not do better since your group has to wait a few seconds longer for it every time while you wait for the cooldowns on your burst.

Putting it on a 26sec macro to make sure there is some room in case stuff laggs a bit is pretty much the optimal result for the minimum amount of work if you ask me. That's what I would do it I were still raiding with my demo more then just Entity.
    I don't like pre-timed macro.
    But good key binds, and especially a good gaming-mouse (I use a Roccat Kone+, I don't like gaming mouse with many thumb buttons, like Razr Naga, but that is personal ofc) can make lot of difference.

I have Ritualistic Bloodshed (for DT) and Unholy Hate (for Demo) both bound on mouse, and that works very good for me (imagine how fast you can be while activating unholy hate with right hand, and immediately using insta casts with left hand, for example; you truly use those 6 sec +10% base damage spell at its best).
    About DT, I have one button where I bound both Shadow Hex and Ritualistic Bloodshed (simple macro 2 spells for a single mouse button) and that works really great for me (they share same cooldwon and are both instant).

Good use of mouse for binds can really make huge difference.
    Even more on some other stuff and especially in PvP.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 28th April 2014 at 19:14.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    One of the reasons why I don't like Talisman builds on a DT.

Personally, I play in a probably a bit old fashioned way: Mouse with three buttons (left, right - and believe or not - Autorun), Keyboard with 1-7, Shift + 1-7, STRG + 1-7, Q, W, E, R, T, A, S, D, Shift, Tab.

I don't use any macros, double keybinds or similar helpers except when ocassionaly playing two characters.

For PvP, that doesn't seem to be competitive anymore, as people play - in my view - with a lot of autopiloting. Glory to them, but personally, I don't like that. In the good old times, mouses used to be considered optional pieces of equipment, and games were hard, not this modern wishy washy console kid crap... *rants about the good old times when "@" stood for "human"*
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 29th April 2014 at 06:01.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    For PvP, that doesn't seem to be competitive anymore, as people play - in my view - with a lot of autopiloting. Glory to them, but personally, I don't like that. In the good old times, mouses used to be considered optional pieces of equipment, and games were hard, not this modern wishy washy console kid crap... *rants about the good old times when "@" stood for "human"*
    I understand you, but gaming mouse is a normal part of gaming equipment nowdays, and having some spells bound on mouse buttons is not "autopilot".
    It's not pre-timed macros (automatic cast spell x every y seconds), or registered combo sequence.
    It's not about macros (the only one I use are 2 buttons bound on 1 for Bloodshed + Hex and potions, no sequence).
    I'm a bit like you, I like performing my combos and rotations, and don't like autopilot.

It's just about optimizing your binds on your game gear.

Insta casts on mouse for example are great because you can use theme *while* performing combos or moving, instead of *between* combos and standing still.

Atm I'm enjoying that in PvP on sin, as another example.
    Sin is very fast class itself (speedbuff, speed feat, bursts..) and looks even faster when you can jump around or keep running while applying miasmas on the fly.
    Even in PvE miasmas are nice to have on mouse: you can use them while already performing the next combo instead between two combos.
    It may sound tricky, but it's easy and it effectively makes some difference, many times I checked parser and I was doing more damage on my sin than better geared sins.

Depending on how binds are assigned, similar tricks are possible even with just keyboard, but they are more tricky (pushing 2 buttons or more at the same time on keyb I mean).
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 29th April 2014 at 06:43.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

yeah, khaletohep, when we get nethack mmo??

Well i don't bind anything extra on the mouse(use it mostly for moving) and just use the keyboard a lot.What is all this fuss about ?And while i don't "mouse click" anything i remember some "omgnoobclickers" that used to destroy the "iameliteandbindeverything" crowd in performance as far as pve goes.In then end it is what you are comfortable with.Pvp is a different story because it needs a different approach regarding movement to be effective.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast