Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Raid Demo

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Only true when not in hand of doom.

Hellwave=-100% manacost.
    Hand of doom=+200% mana cost.

So in crit buff(when you need it the most) you dont get "free" hellfire stream and out of crit buff the mana consumed isn't so much.Was long time ago i tested but i don't think anything has changed.I pick hellwave up only if i have nothing else i want to take which does not happen often ;(

About cacodemon and group dps,i think people underestimate the weapon damage stacking a lot in many group setups but might be just me.On the other side of the coin you can call "selfish dps whore" the bindings+wof thing :P.In my experience group/raid benefits more on most encounters by having cacodemon up.
    That is true, Shink. Though rather than a cost of 626 mana, it is decucted 208 mana on the cost while in Hand of Doom. When you want to conserve mana you can do that as well with the "free casts" out of Hand of Doom, so it's not wasted, though not at all necessary. And you might as well pick it up when you get Improved Waves of Flame anyway. While we talk about Hand of Doom, I could mention that Bindings of the Skylord is not affected by this buff neither in mana cost nor in 100% crit chance.

About the +10% Weapon damage / +2,5% magic modifier bonus from Cacodemon, you need to remember that Warlord pet also has a buff. With +4% Weapon damage / +1% magic modifier bonus. So if a Demo chooses Bindings / RoF perks, the buff isn't all gone.

This is down to micro management of groups and buffs, I would personally vary between the above depending on who I have in my group and what encounter we are doing.

I haven't used Ring of Fire for anything but AoE (if I really care to swap builds) in ages and haven't missed it. It's become overrated, simplistic and boring.
    Last edited by Hersch; 28th December 2013 at 18:00.

Overrated? The most simplistic and boring way possible?

Not sure if troll or serious...

Fact (my gear, my demo, my build, my aa's):

Shockstrike does 2.7 times more damage than one hit from Waves of Flame.

Shockstrike takes 2.5 seconds to cast. You can cast two shockstrikes for every complete channeling of Waves of Flame, that does 9 hits.

2x 2.7 = 5.4
    9x 1.0 = 9

You can add the chained hits but that's not full damage and not always happening.

@ Hersch
    There are many ways to play. How much damage somebody does, how well a player plays depends - in my opinion - more on player skill, aggressiveness and engagement than on equipment and feat build. Hoooowever, it's of course much easier to shine with certain builds, equipment and so on. Ring of Fire / Waves of Flames is such a thing. You don't have to use it - other ways are possible, even great. But if you're looking for a damage boost, that's one way to get it. No need to condemn one way or another (unless somebody doesn't carry his weight in a raid with his particular play style).
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Overrated doesn't mean it's bad, it works, it's awesome, it's easy, it's hard to beat. It's overrated because people think it's the only viable way to play a demo (it is perfectly fine, but it's not the only way), it's become a crutch to most people (and I know enough people who've rolled fresh demos in last few years and refuse to play them until they have some points in Ring of Fire which annoys me). I don't like Shockstrike either unless it's WoF buld or Havoc/General, Amassed Flames stacking (FoG primary spell) is what I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Hersch; 28th December 2013 at 17:17.

The Demonologist is not the most entertaining class to play after all these years, I agree on that. But is not removing options from a build the same as simplifying it?

What gives more damage of stacking Amassed Flames or Shock Lance? You have to use Fires of Gehenna five times before casting Waves of Flame to get Amassed Flames stacked to 5, and you lose dps while doing so. Amassed Flames will be gone before Waves of Flame has completed casting. You could argue with the Incinerate stacks that give more damage, but you'll get that through Improved Waves of Flame too. I use Shockstrike because 2,5 seconds cast time fits fine while Waves of Flame has its 4 second cooldown. 1,5 seconds is usually enough to hit all the instant cast spells and get some pacts up. Using Fires of Gehenna leaves me with 0,5 seconds dead time or having to delay Waves of Flame so I can fire off my instants / pacts.

Surprised no one has mentioned a tribrid build.

Quote Originally Posted by Phishbone View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned a tribrid build.
    Because its not practical in PvE, PvP sometimes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Because its not practical in PvE, PvP sometimes it is.
    Sorry but you are wrong.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast