Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Raid Tempest of Set

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    I'm not sure where you're losing DPS specing it, Vital Shock is overrated and that's all I lose.
    Ahh! to feat Fangs of Set, you need 35 points in Lightning tree.
    That means you are losing 13 points on Thunder tree.
    To lose 13 points in Thunder tree based on spec on this main post, that means not only you are losing Vital Shock, you are also losing Vitality of Set (that gives you %12.5 crit and %10 Vitalizing Jolt) and you are also losing Aura of Nebthu.

That's too much DPS to give up for Fang of Set, that is not even a 100% bubble!

Fangs is awesome, it's the only spell that gives me fun on my tos anymore in raid.
    100% utility in T4 (except Entity ofc).

I don't play with ST tree since late 2011. Vitaly of set is waste of points and Vital shock a mediocre spell, at best.
    Last edited by Bibik; 3rd January 2014 at 12:46.

WOah, so Fangs of Set really work on raidbosses? that is sick. really sick!

Somewhat sickening too. Y U NO WORK BEWILDER
    Last edited by Lurvi; 3rd January 2014 at 19:49.

Vital Shock is a good spell for raids. Vitality of Set and Serpent Transmutation not so much.

Furies... You don't have to give up Nebthu. You can also remain 5 points in Vital Shock and do 3 points Fangs of Set for 54% miss chance like this:

http://goo.gl/889al4
    Or the other way around 5 points Fangs, 3 points Vital Shock
    Or some other variation to your liking. I know some people enjoy Thunder Storm.

If you're going to feat fangs fully feat it, especially in raids because only one ToS can use it.

I have no idea what these.. awesome.. Thunder feats people think are so great are. I can get everything good from the tree with 43 points, leaving 36 for the Lightning tree.

Yeah, I agree, but if you're that hesitant about giving up Vital Shock there is an option.

vital shock is good to look cool on heal parse with aoe heal every 20 sec, see it as a lance of mitra with 10x the cd and /3 the heal. nice mainstream guide altough i disagree with many things but that's probably because i have never been very cookie cutter and my results often disturb. as a last note for the people who never do things by themselves and blatantly listen to forums, you can pull aggro from any t4 tank with proper lightning feat combination. happy new year

I won't recommand Yag's set + Nativity cloak. The main issue with this setup + Watcher's of the den necklace is you lose literraly a tons of constitution for basically... nothing.
    Except for the help, Yag set is terrible and heal rating is overrated. I'd rather take the Hyrkanian gear, which have a little less heal rating but crit rating on pants, a good chunk of constitution, and good amount of wisdom which gives you enough unholy/holy protection for t3/Erlik without gimping yourself in the other stats like Yag set does.

Only problem is the lack of hit rating especially if you swap the helm with the ardashir one.

Power of serpent Ring is also a great spell now that it requires only 3 points from previous 5 points.
    Its a great spell, for sure, was always a 3-points feats.

It's one of the main survival spell i use (since ST can't be a decent solution due to its cd and end-feat statut)
    It requires you to test on many occasions (self-rez ftw) but it works on a variety of spells, events, CC and abilities deals in PvE that you can sometimes ignores intended mechanics of an encounter.

In the other hand, i don't spec Wrath of the Serpent ring.

Talking

hmm... i have read the thread partially, anyway, if you dont have T4 gear, nothing beats the scarlet circle full set (yes, even gloves - they are better than the commonly used yellow priest ones), the set provides highest possible dps (again, not including t4) with highest of kithai sets hit rating, its only down side is that you dont benefit much from wisdom. the heal rating is low but it's overrated anyway.
    for the cloak i'd suggest getting Tianan wings and otherwise T3.
    for rings, neck and weapons T3 (tos tali/necro dagger/demo tali/necro staff) is best.

if you want to be more healing oriented go for hyrkanian set and tiger staff (or BB 1h+jade shield), it will give you pretty decent heal rating without nerfing your DPS to the ground like the yag set, also it has a good wisdom boost.

note that it's based on kithai and t3 only, there is better gear to be found in T3.5/T4 and the new unchained dungeons.

regarding build, in raids i usually go with the regular nebthu+bubble spec, it's a more selfish build but it provides you with high dps and good survivability.
    once you build up your skill to do proper DPS you will need the bubble in raids

power of the serpent ring is a must in any build.
    Last edited by Barrefaeli; 12th February 2014 at 17:31.

And what do you use in raids, coils or dark idol?
    In groups I Always use coils.
    Last edited by itoewa; 21st November 2014 at 12:17.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast