Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Raid Tempest of Set

Great guide. Might want to add a Entity build for that fight. Euro build for Entity http://goo.gl/xOs06 US build for Entity http://goo.gl/oUdqY
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Thumbs up

Awesome as always
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Great guide. Might want to add a Entity build for that fight. Euro build for Entity http://goo.gl/xOs06 US build for Entity http://goo.gl/oUdqY
    EU and US have different entity tactics? I've done several tactics and even tho I'm sure I could manage with a double-bubble build, (like you claim is a EU-build) I still prefer to have one with serpent transmutation. (I'm in a EU guild)

It saved my ass more then once when I got the aquiring while I had to do the commanding death at the same time. I guess you could push more dps when using a double bubble build but we never even come close to the enrage timer and we kill all the adds upstairs so my priorities are:
    commanding - Keeping my platform alive (healing) - Debuffing the boss - buffing my group - dpsing the boss (in that order).
    If I try hard I'm around 450dps which has always been more then enough.

Hello, first I gotta say, really nice guide!!!
    But along with your demo guide you're not emphasizing the importance of _correctly_ applying debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    - Lightning Sparks (damage)
    Lighting Sparks is not only a mere damage spell. It's the only "instant" Elemental Wrack in the game. You can start the channel from Lightning Sparks and cancel it before the first tick of damage and the debuff will still be applied. A neat trick every tos should know about.

With Degradation of Set removed after ToS revamp you need to be consistent yourself, else these debuffs are not gonna happen. It's the duty of a ToS to debuff single targets the second they're pulled just as it's the duty of a Demo to timely debuff in AoE with Chaotic Blast.

As for Storm Crown, beware, you need to be quite close actually for the debuff to start stacking.

As for Set's Curse, don't be like every other tos/hox and spam it automatically or have it "in rotation". Always check the mobs debuffs first, or talk with the other tos, "when will you be casting the Curse?"
    We all know they don't stack, yet we stack them all the freakin time. It will greatly increase all the mages damageoutput if you wait the another tos/hox to cast it first, wait 15 seconds, the apply it yourself to increase the uptime. Debuff awareness! It's a great way to smoothen and increase your raids/group dps.

I bet if toses started paying more attention to this many low% wipes at Entity wouldn't have taken place.

Hopefully you can add some of this into the secret tips post, or implement it elsewhere without it taking up too much place.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 31st December 2013 at 16:32.

Fangs of Set not mentioned, is the most overpowered thing a ToS has for physical bosses in raids that hit hard (if you use it appropriately), 6 seconds of 90% miss chance is a complete lifesaver, and it's even AoE. Sadly it's doesn't actually do any DPS so 99% of ToS's would be immediately turned off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hersch View Post
    Fangs of Set not mentioned, is the most overpowered thing a ToS has for physical bosses in raids that hit hard (if you use it appropriately), 6 seconds of 90% miss chance is a complete lifesaver, and it's even AoE. Sadly it's doesn't actually do any DPS so 99% of ToS's would be immediately turned off it.
    I have never tried it myself but I heard other tosses claims this does not work against most raidbosses. Just like a DT's drain strenght does not affect raidbosses and not even all groupbosses. (again, not tested myself but others that did claim so)

If it would you could most likely solo-tank everything physical when a few tosses rotate fangs of Set which is basically a 6sec bubble.

What I would also be very interested in knowing is how usefull the AA 'eyes of Set' is. I usually run dark idol/coils or Lull+forked lightning (higher and more stable dps then coils in many encounters). I have tried it out a couple of times (emperor for example) but never tested it enough to really say if it's good or bad. Anyone did some more tests?

Nope, it works perfect on all raid/group bosses that do melee hits. It does not work on casts, ie; Sky Pierce, or Cyclone for instance and is useless on caster bosses. It works on white hits, so stuff like Imp, Golems, Strom, Archfiend, Zaals melee phase and basically anything else you can think of that does hard white hits, it's just insane on and can be a complete lifesaver. Only one ToS can use it though, the mob/boss that it was used on gets a hidden immunity of 60 seconds so it's only useful for 1 ToS to have it in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    EU and US have different entity tactics? I've done several tactics and even tho I'm sure I could manage with a double-bubble build, (like you claim is a EU-build) I still prefer to have one with serpent transmutation. (I'm in a EU guild)

It saved my ass more then once when I got the aquiring while I had to do the commanding death at the same time. I guess you could push more dps when using a double bubble build but we never even come close to the enrage timer and we kill all the adds upstairs so my priorities are:
    commanding - Keeping my platform alive (healing) - Debuffing the boss - buffing my group - dpsing the boss (in that order).
    If I try hard I'm around 450dps which has always been more then enough.
    Not different tactics, but months ago if not over a year there was a thread talking specs for entity among other things and its seemed that US ToS and EU ToS used different spec for that fight. Same for PvP the consensus of EU players were using one spec and the US was using another.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Excellent guide.
    Power of serpent Ring is also a great spell now that it requires only 3 points from previous 5 points.

On Fangs of Set as some suggested, it is helpful but given where it is placed in feat tree you have to sacrifice great DPS to get it! however if you do similar spec to what is suggested, you already get a bubble.

The way AoC has transformed over the years, its clear that DPS is main priority now! having most Bosses on Enrage timers in T4 and new 6 Man, it clearly indicates that great deal of DPS is required. I just don't see going all the way down to get Fang of Set can allow you to be up there where you should be in raids as far as DPS.
    Cyclone of Set looks very cool too and we tried back in the revamp days, in test live to make it more DPS and try to get Lightning Tree more viable again but devs wanted ToS to be self center AoE rather then caster Priest like PoM
    Last edited by Furies-; 2nd January 2014 at 21:09.

I'm not sure what you're specing to lose DPS, Vital Shock does very little and that's all I lose from the typical SF/Aura/Bubble spec.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast