Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fun with Dragons, But lower Cooldown!

Default Fun with Dragons, But lower Cooldown!

Dargons, Fun
    Gifts fun.
    Crap potions less fun

Full instances 20-30 minutes before spawn (sometimes longer)
    means many people miss out. or you have to stand around and wait in an instance up to 2 hours.

Waiting game for a christmas event is not a good idea. turns players off especially if they have limited window to log in. Rethink.
    Lower time to 30 mins or so. and you might sell more bag space from item shop as a result.

waiting for 2 hours for a spawn is rediculous anyway.

You only wait two hours for a spawn if you stand in the same instance from the moment when the last dragon is killed.

There are about 8 or 9 instances in each area = about 16 instances. There's usually a dragon up every 15 minutes or so and it's a case of getting to the right instance quickly.

Hint, using the timer feature on your guilds bot helps here.

I agree. After the timer-robots entered the fray, there is way to much waiting about and way too little dragon-killing going on for the rest of the players.

Hardly any instance have space left once the cultist spawns.

Random spawns and up the spawn rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bignose View Post
    I agree. After the timer-robots entered the fray, there is way to much waiting about and way too little dragon-killing going on for the rest of the players.

Hardly any instance have space left once the cultist spawns.

Random spawns and up the spawn rate.
    All you need is a pen and bit of paper. Log time and instance/zone when dragon is killed. It's invariably posted in global.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    All you need is a pen and bit of paper. Log time and instance/zone when dragon is killed. It's invariably posted in global.
    That doesn`t solve the fundamental problem with too many ppl compared to spawns, it just shift the time instances fill up from ten minnutes before to twenty.

...and makes it even worse for casual 30 min a day players.

Quote Originally Posted by Melekaiah View Post
    Waiting game for a christmas event is not a good idea. turns players off especially if they have limited window to log in. Rethink.
    Lower time to 30 mins or so. and you might sell more bag space from item shop as a result.

waiting for 2 hours for a spawn is rediculous anyway.
    Fully agreed. Waiting two ****ing hours just to kill the dragon is retarded. Just wanted to have some fun playing on christmas holiday, only got frustration because of ****ing wait time.

So what do you want? Spawning in every instance as soon as the last dragon dies?

I've killed the bugger about 20 times in 6-8 hours game time.
    That's 13 toons all done the quest plus some of them have more than one kill trying to get T2 weapon on Ranger and Guard.

I did 14 chars flagged first night with a few extras, then yesterday I got maybe 10 all day (and on Tuesday I worked and did not get home til after 4 pm PST).

Yesterday was an instance fest. Even if you checked as soon as a cultists sighting was announced (in guild or in game) just about every time the instance was full already. And if you went for the 'next' spawn on the list, that one was generally full too. So you had to wait a couple of spawns ahead, which meant extra time waiting. I had more kills tues night (5 pm to 11 pm PST) than on the entire day Wednesday (6 am to 11 pm with time out for dinner dog washing and laundry: down time spent watching Dr Who marathon).

If they would throw in random spawns on top of the scripted ones, then everyone could scramble for the 'unbotted' ones and get a better chance at a kill than what happened yesterday.

And if they would drop the old xmas loot and four hour foods and put in the Halloween candy (appropriately named) that would be great. In 25 plus kills I didn't even get a purple box, let alone legendary. Hopefully the drop rate will improve for me.

Heh, I've noticed the instances are filling up over 1 hour early. On Crom, the Noble district instances are currently full up for the next 5 spawns. The next available instance is around 1 hr away till spawn.

EU + US playing at the same time is causing things to fill up way quickly and early.

Best to play seems to be during US late night, before EU comes back online.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Heh, I've noticed the instances are filling up over 1 hour early. On Crom, the Noble district instances are currently full up for the next 5 spawns. The next available instance is around 1 hr away till spawn.

EU + US playing at the same time is causing things to fill up way quickly and early.

Best to play seems to be during US late night, before EU comes back online.
    I'd expect this to be less of a problem once we get past the Christmas/New Year's timeframe, lots of people off now, probably won't be as bad when the February bosses roll around. But yeah, would be great if they could cut spawn rate in half or something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast