Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: World bosses

It's like Golem 2.0 only with shittier rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by EnReX View Post
    I think world bosses sucks.

-
    Its braindead.
    Far too rewarding.
    Time consuming.
    I've seen the bosses before, they dont do anything.
    Theres no challange.

+
    A lot of players.

At least world bosses don`t require you to download some coockie cutter build voted "best build 2013" in order to get into groups where you must play in exactly the same way over and over again untill your fingers play it without you help. Then we can rage if somone does something different, because it makes the super-epic glory-run take two min longer than it should do, and does the other 200 times we need to do it to get geared up.

That`s braindead, too rewarding, time consuming and all that imo, and it does not create much activity. In fact, it chases away a huge part of the potential player base.

World bosses ftw

I'm tired, it's so simple to solve it,

Funcom, put the Boss in three different instance, same time, it is so simple

is very annoying to be in the wrong instance and not get into in another because this full!
    Last edited by Marechal; 25th December 2013 at 13:00.

Im not hater of it, gave me nice vanity stuff and after boss kill its open for random PvP...And PvP in Noble...didnt have any there for years

Me: Hey guys.... Wanna do Sepulcher of the wyrm??
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    Dragon in Omega common
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    I make raid (I have no idea why they make raid)
    x
    Where does dragon spawn?
    Troll: It spawns in Khemi
    Me: ... So someone for hms?
    NO
    x
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ... Game is so alive its great!
    Cynara: I WANT ALL LOOT THAT DRAGON DROPS NOAW!!! GIVE ME THAT LEGENDARY PET
    Me: Cyn how do I remove gem from item?
    Cynara: ...

The world bosses event (started out as a PVP event) was a complete failure from the start; Craig had the wits to reject it.
    With the current situation on PVE servers, inability to get a raid or group, or even a minigame, and the simplicity of the encounter, the imminence of boredom is salient. People are busy with waving their clubs on 12 of their characters at a boss... All that concludes that Fsen is right in his presumptions.

The largest problem is that I feel that I paid a lot of cash to the developers to bring that lackluster and too carefree idea to light.
    Someone recommended me to play chess last night. I sure would love to, but I love to test my reaction and skill, face the challenge and feel the coordination between twenty-four or forty-eight people to achieve the long-wanted hard, complex goals. Alas, those demons and whatever-they-are spawning from the soils of Hyboria are not even at par with the aforementioned vein.

The best idea would be creating just a week or even a fortnight of PVP objectives with a legendary PVP weapon as a reward (slightly better than T3 PVP), not forgetting the RPers as well with some temporary housing, perchance. At least something could be done there.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 25th December 2013 at 14:14.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Now, if only we could find some negativity somewhere to inject into the community, I`m sure everything would be ok.

More than five years now, and still noone has tried to be negative. I just don`t understand why not, since negativity always brings out the best in people, it`s a well known fact

I dont mind people enjoying the event, I am just sad I cant do any group things while this event lasts since everyone is hunting world boss

but good luck to all the hunters

Recently returned after five years to check the game out again. Agree totally with OP, this is good content that players are loving, esp casual players. Give someone a cool social gear or epic gear off a world boss and they may resub.

Pay no attention to the forum warrior 2000 post count malcontents and gripers, they make up only a tiny fraction of players and do much more harm to the game than good overall (in this game and others). Of course content will be somewhat simplistic right off the bat at intro, the important things are that it works as intended with few crashes or unintended breakage elsewhere, everything else can be tweaked and fine tuned. Seems to be working as intended so give them an "A" on rolling this particular content out.

Moreover, as a complete "old newb" who didn't even remember how to change instances, I had NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER getting in 3 dragon raids in a short period last night and had a blast. That anyone is "waiting around for two hours" to do a single raid is either a complete fabrication or the product of immense stupidity.

Content looks great so far, can't wait to see what they end up doing with it. Lots of possibilities.
    Last edited by canto; 25th December 2013 at 14:58.

Quote Originally Posted by einartheblack View Post
    I dont mind people enjoying the event, I am just sad I cant do any group things while this event lasts since everyone is hunting world boss

but good luck to all the hunters
    I wouldn`t give up just yet, I think everyone are keen to get their alts through the first hurdle right now, but after the first craze is over my bet is it will get easier to find groups, given all the active players the event brings in

I like the world bosses, but can hardly grind them every day. Even if I could make myself do that, it would still be just one week every month.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast