Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legendary Cloaks?

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    this is a semantics problem.you expected LEGENDARY to be something completely uber. It seems that in FunComs vocabulary LEGENDARY doesnt mean that an item has all crucial stats involved that will make hardcore end-game farmers cum instantly(myself included) but will benefit 95% of the playerbase with minimal effort involved and maybe some fun as well. Im happy with FunCom's VOCABULARY.(didnt expected to say that after 4,5 years playing this game )

PS: i dont think DT legendary cloak with magic dmg and prot brings so much difference to the table compared with other cloaks that are in the game(you gain smt you lose smt as well there)
    I just want some god damn hate capes with protection on them aswell.

How about those semantics?
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

kill DEMIGOD OF ACHERON HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

and no you just want all in one item - this isnt LEGENDARY this i call SLACKERISH
    Last edited by sardanapal; 25th December 2013 at 00:15.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

The stats or status of the current legendary cloak are on par from what I have seen, especially since most subscribers have never even been into T4 so those stats are outrageous to most. But having a YEAR to complete the quest is disapointing. Also only having 1 boss spawn at a time leads to massive zone zerging and lag issues. Having all the bosses spawn at random times and places would be much funner and interactive. With a resonable cd on quest update (1-7 days)people could complete the quest at diffrent times and at their own pace. I really hope for the sake of the game that they change the system so the quest can be completed in a matter of just a couple months or even sooner because it isn't about how OP the gear is or the "status" of it, its work vs. reward, and at the moment those cloaks are not worth a year of work. In addition, having everyone and their family complete the quest at the same time a year from now is very anti-climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    The stats or status of the current legendary cloak are on par from what I have seen, especially since most subscribers have never even been into T4 so those stats are outrageous to most. But having a YEAR to complete the quest is disapointing. Also only having 1 boss spawn at a time leads to massive zone zerging and lag issues. Having all the bosses spawn at random times and places would be much funner and interactive. With a resonable cd on quest update (1-7 days)people could complete the quest at diffrent times and at their own pace. I really hope for the sake of the game that they change the system so the quest can be completed in a matter of just a couple months or even sooner because it isn't about how OP the gear is or the "status" of it, its work vs. reward, and at the moment those cloaks are not worth a year of work. In addition, having everyone and their family complete the quest at the same time a year from now is very anti-climatic.
    Hmmm, do you actually intend to sit an entire year in front of your pc to get those cloaks? Or just log on every 25th, hit a boss once, alt tab, alt tab back in after 10 mins and gj, let's move on to the next one in a month? Make every boss something you have to work on 3-6 hours a week for 52 weeks and I agree, make the cloaks a jack of all trades. The only change I think might be good is make the quest account wide, although I really doubt it'd be feasible for FC to do.

Content is working without many visible problems, people are having fun chasing the dragon. But leave it to the forum malcontents to nitpick every single detail on content that was just rolled out two days ago as if it is set in stone forever from here everafter, let alone lie about certain things like how much time they have to "wait around" to get into one of these raids.

MMO forums, always amusing. Can't make this stuff up.
    Last edited by canto; 25th December 2013 at 15:22.

When I heard Legendary, I thought it would be just that..Legendary....It's far from it which is disappointing. Considering the requirements of this item, I don't think the stats are far off. However if they made a very difficult quest line on top of just killing X boss Now, Y boss later, It would be fitting to have appealing stats. IMO, In some cases, If an item is deemed "Legendary" and somewhat difficult with a large time sink needed to obtain, I think it's completely justifiable to have an item with very inflated stats. If people want to complain that it's a breaker if you will, Then they should consider putting in the time and effort others took towards getting it..But, I know this takes people to their next argument...Why the hell am I being penalized because I have a life, I work, Have kids and can only play the game 1 hour a day...They shouldn't be able to get an item that good and I can't because they merely have more time, skill, better guild, etc than myself.

Which brings us to today's MMO. No true separation between being truly bad ass off time and effort and not, Because now you have to appease everyone and can't let 1 player get too far ahead of anyone else.. Oh how I miss the old EQ days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12