Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legendary Cloaks?

Default Legendary Cloaks?

I'm not going to say I've put forth alot of time into looking at each class's options in terms of the cloaks etc.

BUT

I have looked at the Guards options. And when you compare the stats to what we already have available to us, it doesn't honestly look like that big of an upgrade.

T4 hate cape

92 strength
    260 combat rating
    50 hit
    30 hate
    70 Crit Bonus

Legendary Hate Cape

95 Strength
    40 con
    38 Hit
    41 Hate increase
    5% movement speed

As I appreciate the con in the Legendary cloak. I can't honestly say it's much of an upgrade other then that.

11 hate increase helps, but not worth the loss of 70 crit bonus, or 260 combat rating. The 5% movement speed is nice, but really it's not what I consider imporant either.

The protection cape isn't much better.

T3 protection cape

160 armor
    50 con
    55 hit
    66 crit bonus
    255 protection

Legendary cloak

187 armor
    75 con
    55 hit
    43 immunity
    70 crit bonus
    123 protection
    5% movement speed

Now this is nice, but still isn't what I would consider an HUGE improvement over the already given T3 protection cape.

25 con, with a loss of 129 protection isn't a fair comparison imo. Not to mention, the T3 cloak is T3, not even T4.

The immunity, and movement speed are again, nice to have. But not really that big of a deal. Immunity would be if it was loaded up etc. But it's just not that huge.

Just a suggestion on this. Why are we as tanks having to sacrifice less hate to get the protection we need? Why not do what you were already doing in the unchained zones and T4 and put protection along side hate?

My legendary cape would be like this.

92 strength
    75 Con
    260 Combat Raiting
    55 Hit
    41 Hate increase
    255 Protection
    70 Crit Bonus

The above stats are what I think needs to be an option for the tanks capes. They take a year to get, they are "Legendary" Don't make them comparable to that of T4 loot.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

You're right those cloaks are not improvements over T4/T3 or any other cloak but what you don't get is that FC's intention obviously wasn't to make them any better nor it would make any sense if you ask me.

Why would you expect to have a better cloak for killing shitty tank and spank bosses? The fact that they are "legendary" doesn't mean that they have to be the best stat wise.

Agreed... There is nothing special about these cloaks... Legendary??? Not! And need to wait a year to obtain?? A pathetic grab to try and lure folks to continue playing...

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    You're right those cloaks are not improvements over T4/T3 or any other cloak but what you don't get is that FC's intention obviously wasn't to make them any better nor it would make any sense if you ask me.

Why would you expect to have a better cloak for killing shitty tank and spank bosses? The fact that they are "legendary" doesn't mean that they have to be the best stat wise.
    Ummm, few boss's in T4 are that hard. So why would you make a suggestion that difficulty should equate out to type of reward?

A reason as to why the "Legendary" capes need to be comprised of legendary stats?

Simple: We are taking exactly 1 year to achieve these guys. If you show up on time to kill the boss' of which only spawn in 2 hour intervals of which wastes our time in the game, because we could be doing something else. Also, they do have the name Legendary attached to them. There is "at this time" no legendary item in the game. Only this one cape. Thus, they need to make it worth a damn.

Really the only reason people are doing this, is because of the cloaks themselves. What other reason would they have? T2 loot? lol

As for funcom and there suckering in of more players, or even to help retain the player base they have. They should know, that a reward of crap will give them just that in return.
    Last edited by kennyfisterbotm; 24th December 2013 at 22:54.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Is the movement bonus out of combat or general? If it's movement mulitplier, then the prot cape is an awesome candidate for pvp And seriously, people. You're talking like everyone in game has access to weekly t4 raid sweeps. They don't so stop comparing to t4. Instead, these capes might actualy help people on their road to t4. Which isn't some instance you gear up in a week. It took me well over a year, raidin almost eveery week (mostly twice a week), to acquire most of the gear I want from there, and I still would not mind getting another 3-4 items from there, so I can be full t4.
    Last edited by SamHam; 24th December 2013 at 22:45.

in a year we might have t5 raids,then what?These capes will need to get higher stats because they will be legendary?And these stats might not even be final we still got a year until we get one so many things can change in between.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    in a year we might have t5 raids,then what?These capes will need to get higher stats because they will be legendary?And these stats might not even be final we still got a year until we get one so many things can change in between.
    Don't be ridiculous!

Your response to my logic, is a speculative "what if" scenario.

FunComs intention is to bonus loyal customers and not the usuall suspects who show up for 2-3 months when new content is live gear up and vanish again.

Now for the effort to aquire these ones ,seriously 5 mins of hitting a dummy every month for 12 months is way easier than all the dailys people endured after khitai for much longer with shittier rewards for gearing their alts.In that regard capes are nice stat wise and ofc some classes benefit the most (hox,bs etc)

Your suggestion about how you want a legendary cloak for guards im afraid will benefit most other two tanking classes.
    Last edited by sardanapal; 24th December 2013 at 23:19.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

I know it will benefit the other 2 tanking class's as-well.

Thing is, they already have cloaks they can benefit from. Unless your implying that a guard uses magic damage or can dps well?

this is a semantics problem.you expected LEGENDARY to be something completely uber. It seems that in FunComs vocabulary LEGENDARY doesnt mean that an item has all crucial stats involved that will make hardcore end-game farmers cum instantly(myself included) but will benefit 95% of the playerbase with minimal effort involved and maybe some fun as well. Im happy with FunCom's VOCABULARY.(didnt expected to say that after 4,5 years playing this game )

PS: i dont think DT legendary cloak with magic dmg and prot brings so much difference to the table compared with other cloaks that are in the game(you gain smt you lose smt as well there)
    Last edited by sardanapal; 24th December 2013 at 23:50.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast