Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boil Blood

Default Boil Blood

I thought about using this build built around Boil Blood. Not that I expect it to be anything but bad, but a switch up could make for some interesting play, especially trolling necros.

http://is.gd/UVm9TE

(link doesn't work, but basically a tribrid build with a focus on upping lightning magic damage through general and getting purge, while keeping detonate and possession at 1 point.)

I'm time training the perk, so anyone know if it crits of off Hand of Doom? If it does, there could be some merit for this perk. Especially since some of the newer gear (and gear to come) is focusing on one magic damage type, it might be possible to get lighting damage focused sets soon, especially after the crafting revamp.

If you can get your lighting magic damage to a stupid high level, and if you can force crits through hand of doom, it might actually be viable facing multiple target encounters.
    Last edited by Suctum; 18th December 2013 at 05:40.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I thought about using this build built around Boil Blood. Not that I expect it to be anything but bad, but a switch up could make for some interesting play, especially trolling necros.

http://is.gd/UVm9TE

(link doesn't work, but basically a tribrid build with a focus on upping lightning magic damage through general and getting purge, while keeping detonate and possession at 1 point.)

I'm time training the perk, so anyone know if it crits of off Hand of Doom? If it does, there could be some merit for this perk. Especially since some of the newer gear (and gear to come) is focusing on one magic damage type, it might be possible to get lighting damage focused sets soon, especially after the crafting revamp.

If you can get your lighting magic damage to a stupid high level, and if you can force crits through hand of doom, it might actually be viable facing multiple target encounters.
    From my experience in pve Boil Blood does not crit from Hand of doom just like Unleash the underworld doesnt crit either from hand of doom. I have around 1580 magic dmg electrical and it ticks for about 500 every 3 secs, not worth it for a major perk. I have never tried it in pvp because of the pathetic numbers it deals in pve so cant put any insight into that. if it were an insta cast spell it might be worth it, but its a 1.5 sec cast and does less dmg than any other spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    From my experience in pve Boil Blood does not crit from Hand of doom just like Unleash the underworld doesnt crit either from hand of doom. I have around 1580 magic dmg electrical and it ticks for about 500 every 3 secs, not worth it for a major perk. I have never tried it in pvp because of the pathetic numbers it deals in pve so cant put any insight into that. if it were an insta cast spell it might be worth it, but its a 1.5 sec cast and does less dmg than any other spell.
    The key would be according to how the spell says it works is to stack it on as many as you can. If two people have it, that's 17.50% increase, which if you have a signifigant magic damage number for electrical (like you do) should be a reasonable increase.

If you could keep it going and get the ticks to 1000k every 3 second tick, it could have some value in pvp. Controlling in/out of combat, steakthers, runners, ect...maybe not so much on kills though for sure.
    Doomsayer 2008

This mechanic would actually work, but the duration is too short and the mana cost to high for it to be effective compared to other routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This mechanic would actually work, but the duration is too short and the mana cost to high for it to be effective compared to other routes.
    I'm talking about fringe builds for some pvp variety, the standard hybrid gets old after a time, I have not respecced since 1.6 :/
    Doomsayer 2008

Oh, i have it in one build too...but you will need to do something about mana, if you want to apply it to enough players. I also miss some synergy rewarding the effort (not just added damage) for the cost and placement in the feat tree.

Do you have any info about the magic spell coefficient you mentioned about boil blood? And these 17,4% is based on basic damage (like weapon damage) or on resulting one with modifiers?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 18th December 2013 at 11:02.

The key would be according to how the spell says it works is to stack it on as many as you can. If two people have it, that's 17.50% increase, which if you have a signifigant magic damage number for electrical (like you do) should be a reasonable increase.

If you could keep it going and get the ticks to 1000k every 3 second tick, it could have some value in pvp. Controlling in/out of combat, steakthers, runners, ect...maybe not so much on kills though for sure.
    Stacking the boil bloods on multiple targets does improve the dmg, but not by enough to really take notice. One cast on bindings does about the same dmg as a full duration of boil blood, that should say something to how useless it is. If you want to use it for the troll factor and stop regens on people for 15 secs then it has a use(btw incinerate dot lasts 10 secs so a 15 sec boil blood dot isnt much of an upgrade at all), not ideal for getting kills or supporting a team.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 18th December 2013 at 19:22.

Very interesting tread. Keep going I will try this DoT at PvP on my Demo too.

Awe, look at that. A demo trying to be a necro.

(link doesn't work,
    Your link DOES work, it's just that certain browser have trouble with url shortener, and keep adding two slash after "http://". Check if your browser isn't turning your url to http:////aocfeat[...] instead of http://aocfeat[...]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast