Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is THE Dungeon that makes groups in AoC?

I agree, House of Crom is the closest thing you can get to what you have in mind lots of bosses big big dungeon you can kill a few bosses and take a small break and continue. It's not mandatory to kill bosses in order nor you are on rails you can choose where to go and which boss to kill.

I don't know how far in CoX you leveled but damn good game it was godam NC Soft for killing it off. The frost fire was in Hollows and yea I remember sliding on those icy slopes. Dungeons where really cool desigend in that game.

Remember the Terra Volta respec trial in reactor? That was a blast.

I miss CoX so much I am ready to pay couple hundreds if they bring it back. Alas it won't happen. NC Scumbags...
    Last edited by Vahush; 19th December 2013 at 09:44.

wing 1 in brc is also a place where people tend to go repeatedly, to get shards and t2 armor & weapons, 'cos it has a good reward/difficulty ratio, and the raid can carry a good amount of new players...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Vahush View Post
    I agree, House of Crom is the closest thing you can get to what you have in mind lots of bosses big big dungeon you can kill a few bosses and take a small break and continue. It's not mandatory to kill bosses in order nor you are on rails you can choose where to go and which boss to kill.

I don't know how far in CoX you leveled but damn good game it was godam NC Soft for killing it off. The frost fire was in Hollows and yea I remember sliding on those icy slopes. Dungeons where really cool desigend in that game.

Remember the Terra Volta respec trial in reactor? That was a blast.

I miss CoX so much I am ready to pay couple hundreds if they bring it back. Alas it won't happen. NC Scumbags...
    I agree... it is a shame, and yeah, I remember Terra Volta Respec! Damn that was TOUGH!

But here's an idea: a special group quest with good rewards for players at lvl 18 or so out of Tortage or White Sands... or maybe the Acheronian Ruins. I'm telling you, that if you require players to group at that level, they'll be doing it one whole hell of a lot more than they do!

Quote Originally Posted by wancow View Post
    But here's an idea: a special group quest with good rewards for players at lvl 18 or so out of Tortage or White Sands... or maybe the Acheronian Ruins. I'm telling you, that if you require players to group at that level, they'll be doing it one whole hell of a lot more than they do!
    There already is a good group quest in the Acheronian Ruins -- the Bat Demon. Problem is, its drops are crap green stuff. If the loot was changed to level-appropriate blues, more folks would be bothered to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffriend View Post
    There already is a good group quest in the Acheronian Ruins -- the Bat Demon. Problem is, its drops are crap green stuff. If the loot was changed to level-appropriate blues, more folks would be bothered to do it.
    It does not drop anything interesting at all, HOWEVER the quest reward for killing the Bat Demon is a blue armour piece. (Leggings to be exact.)
    The quest reward is one reason I bother doing it.

I do like the concept of the Bat Demon quest, however, if I were to build this one on the example of Frostfire, it would be one with multiple bosses or mini bosses on a single quest in a dungeon. By the way, I used to see a dungeon marked in the north east corner of the Acheron Ruins, but I've never had a quest there, so I don't know what that is or was...

One other thing CoH had were Task Force Missions. Those were a series of missions that required 3 characters or more to start, and would not conclude till the task force was done. The Positron Task Force was the first of six, if I remember correctly. And the rewards in it were excellent. It was basically a complete motion picture script set up for an MMO in a neat little package.

There is the option to go after the bat demon, and the other named, on Epic mode for blue drops. This definitely requires a group at the appropriate level though perhaps some classes could solo some named at level 25.

I tried bat demon on epic as a bear shaman teamed with a guardian and we couldn't overcome it's regen but it couldn't kill us either. Mexican standoff.

Quote Originally Posted by wancow View Post
    Anyway, the point of this question was: is there any mission in AoC that everyone does repeatedly with every character they make in which he or she MUST be in a group to complete it?
    Yes, 1-4 times, each low-level dungeon on every character with normal groups (+-7-10 levels,).
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12