Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is THE Dungeon that makes groups in AoC?

Default what is THE Dungeon that makes groups in AoC?

the first MMO I ever played was City of Heroes (no longer exists). In it, we had a single mission that created a lot of friendships and probably was the key to the creation of a lot of guilds.

that mission was Frostfire (if anyone remembers it who is on here...)

It was a multi layered mission set to lvls 13-16 if I remember correctly. One time, I went in as a lvl 13 with a bunch of others that were lvl 13 and one lvl 16. All the spawns were lvl 16!

That group got wiped out like 20 some odd times, but we did complete it!

Frostfire was famous for the ice-slides that would have characters making spectacular jumps.

Anyway, the point of this question was: is there any mission in AoC that everyone does repeatedly with every character they make in which he or she MUST be in a group to complete it?

Quote Originally Posted by wancow View Post
    the first MMO I ever played was City of Heroes (no longer exists). In it, we had a single mission that created a lot of friendships and probably was the key to the creation of a lot of guilds.

that mission was Frostfire (if anyone remembers it who is on here...)

It was a multi layered mission set to lvls 13-16 if I remember correctly. One time, I went in as a lvl 13 with a bunch of others that were lvl 13 and one lvl 16. All the spawns were lvl 16!

That group got wiped out like 20 some odd times, but we did complete it!

Frostfire was famous for the ice-slides that would have characters making spectacular jumps.

Anyway, the point of this question was: is there any mission in AoC that everyone does repeatedly with every character they make in which he or she MUST be in a group to complete it?
    Almost all the end game dungeons are 6-mans, you can choose normal mode or hard mode, but you get rares for each. There are repeatable quests for all of them, and they are just now giving quests for circuits. Several of the new dungeons are revamped versions of lower level ones, but for the most part people grind warmonks/palace the most. There are faction quests maybe and repeatable single quests from quest givers outside the entrance.

There are a lot of solo dungeons also for leveling, like slaughterhouse, villa's, the breach, the lost city, and several more with the turan pack, you can also choose to do these on epic mode with a group.

Have fun, it's nothing but Korean grind-core at it's best...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by wancow View Post
    I can't think of anything similar in AoC. The game content is very wide in term of diversity and you're not really supposed to do anything in particular.

There are some instances which are done all the time by newbies, but it's only because they're the easiest ones in khitai and offer decent rewards.

There is also what people call the Yag loop, or KK run, which is a group of 3 instances which also offer the best ratio effort/reward, but again it's mainly for new peeps in khitai and fresh alts.

Recently have been added what we call unchained dungeons, and there are 2 repeatable quests rewarding you to do them all, so some people run those all the time, but some others like me do not, so it's not really mandatory for everyone.

All in all, i guess the answer to your initial question is : no for now.

That being said, soon will be implemented a long chain quest tied to world bosses, which will reward anyone who completed it with a legendary cloack, the "first" legendary item in AoC.
    So i guess when this starts happening, then everyone will run that content with every single alt, then the answer to your question will be : yes.

would cloud count as this kind of content? u pretty much have to do it with every character as offen as possible

farming cloud like that is an exploit, not regular content...
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

No, there is not really any dungeon - or other group content - that is done by just about everybody. At least not before level cap.

The closest you can get is probably Sanctum of the Burning Souls which many people run around level 40. That is likely the single most popular dungeon before reaching level cap. The reasons for its popularity is probably a combination of the facts that it is a fairly straightforward dungeon that even in-experienced players have a good chance of completing, and that a run through it will very likely provide characters with at least one piece of very nice equipment.

Crafting and city building did what you're asking about in the beginning of the game.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

There are a few 'required' quests to get access to higher end dungeons, such as getting the tooth and crown from Vistrix, the quest for a purple bow/xbow from Yakmar (most people run this mob to get the item on each character), the hand of levi from wing3 to get access to t3 quests.

There are quests for purple items in the tier2 dungeons, such as Vengeance from wing2, gargoyle masters demise, tos polearm from poison stacks, etc etc that a lot of people will do on all their alts.

You can get to the lvl 80 raids though without doing any lower level group quests or dungeons.

Oh, and the group parts for xmas quests: they give a social pet so many people did them at least once in the past.

I've been through a few late night HoC runs where everyone is burning through bosses and so chill out and chat on vent. You end up meeting other players and getting to know them better.
    Of course if you are a european player you dislike vent and won't get on it for easy content because you would then have to hang your head in shame.
    Places like Warmonks might be more popular but people are more focused on what they are doing and don't talk much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast