Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: More on PvP Gear vs T4/Crafted

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Just a simple question..I agree that pvp gear gives loads of protection in soldiers..but its absolutely useless when they switch in frenzy..to kill..And we all know that no soldier can do kill in defensive stance..thats impossible..So my question to you is..How come still after all that protection..mages still topping the kills in minis???And especially demos and necros..You demo so..i think you can come up with some reasonable explanation..Thanks..!!!
    Actually soldiers top kills a lot, in fact they do it more than all other classes in typical premades (if there's 2 soldiers or more per team, when there's only one he might be flagging and not killing much) but even in pugs where casters can farm baddies, soldiers can still top kills if they want to. And even when they get slightly less kills... they don't die nearly as much and their k/d ratio is so much better it's not even comparable.

Going for kills with a soldier is the easiest and dullest thing ever. It's also very relaxing though, which is why I do it from time to time. But playing the flag and objectives is usually a lot more fun (I know, doesn't always work with pugs) But even then, seen plenty of time tanks (me included) flagging AND topping kills in pugs (and I do have a bunch of screenshots)
    Last edited by kalston; 25th December 2013 at 13:00.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by ieronymous View Post
    Just a simple question..I agree that pvp gear gives loads of protection in soldiers..but its absolutely useless when they switch in frenzy..to kill..And we all know that no soldier can do kill in defensive stance..thats impossible..So my question to you is..How come still after all that protection..mages still topping the kills in minis???And especially demos and necros..You demo so..i think you can come up with some reasonable explanation..Thanks..!!!
    Soldier in pvp t1 gear in frenzy have still more mitigation/protection than clothies/light (except maybe pom).

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Soldier in pvp t1 gear in frenzy have still more mitigation/protection than clothies/light (except maybe pom).
    Might be bacause the protection doesn't change on the gear sets

Quote Originally Posted by SamHam View Post
    Hell, even sin bombs have hit me for 7k, which is unholy dmg.
    Just 7k not 10k in defence!?!? Sh*t sins.

Is this single class PvE server player exaggeration contagious?!?

I play PvP9 conq (pvp8 weapons, also can use ibis 1hander) and pvp6 guard (T2 pole)

Pvp 7 barb (pvpt2, t4wpn, hykarnians, t4/3.5/3 pieces all to choose from)

Pvp10 sin the (worse t4 dagger, pvp 10 daggers, t3 void dagger).

Have a ton of other chars but my rogues have FAR ... FAAAAR higher quality weapons, and yet with only T2 equivalent weapons my conq/guard are way more able to gain kills without dying. If used as a relative ratio of how many kills to deaths the soldiers are ridiculously less risk of dying per dps output.

Put me on my conq against my better geared barb and I would tank it all day while killing it with the same dps it puts out on me.

How is that fair???

On topic. T1(epics only) T2 and T3 pvp tiers are definitely on par and are always slightly ahead in pvp dps than the PvE T1 T2 and T3 tiers. Khitai and T4 are the problem to pvpers IMO

I'm a math wh0re for numbers in gear and pvp sets are totally underrated COMPARED to their T1-3 counterparts ONLY.

Anyone asking for pvpt2-3 buffed up to t4 you're just wrong and skipping a possible tier of progression (bearing in mind lower pvp tiers become more available when new pvp tiers)

BRING ON PVP T4 as t2-3 would become MORE accessible and believe it or not if made accessible enough introducing pvpT4 and making pvp t2-3 more accessible could actually REDUCE a gear gap

Imagine this, pvp6 could have full epic pvpt1-2 now

After introduction and nerfing requirements for T1-3 what if pvp6 could be full t2 with some small t3 epics.

Now tell me which instance stands a better chance against a PvE OR a PvP T4 geared player...

T4 pvp doesn't have to be a problem it could be a solution if done correctly
    Last edited by Surgery; 17th January 2014 at 12:04.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Default Double post

Sry dbl post but...

I also think that since bori tokens are actually the easier to come by from pvp/rocks than mini game tokens that the price for mini game tokens on t2&3 should be swapped around and bori tokens used ONLY towards weapons (because they are gained from kills) and/or for buff potions similar to now but including the RARE crit / Hit / Evade etc potions at 4x higher bori token price than the weaker ones (based on the effect x~4)
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    Sry dbl post but...

I also think that since bori tokens are actually the easier to come by from pvp/rocks than mini game tokens that the price for mini game tokens on t2&3 should be swapped around and bori tokens used ONLY towards weapons (because they are gained from kills) and/or for buff potions similar to now but including the RARE crit / Hit / Evade etc potions at 4x higher bori token price than the weaker ones (based on the effect x~4)
    I agree with making pvp gear equal for all classes (I'm sure that will happen with how the weapons are turning out), but wait a minute.

I have no problem with them lowering the tiered requirement when they release pvp t4. I think it's great low level pvpers (or people new to pvp) can get a decent set almost right from the start and get a very competitive set before pvp 5 or 6 maybe. That's great for pvp population because people can be competitive outside grinding the highest pve gear and many people who do not indulge in t4 farming will have an avenue progress along with since the pvp armor, weapons, accessories will actually be competitive and good.

PvP progression should never be focused on stat progression, just getting your skills down and your bragging rights, and maybe some rankings and social gear. gear based progression outside minor bumps from tier to tier causes nothing but inbalance.

I want as many people as possible pvping, giving them almost free armor at low levels and lowering the requirement for pvp t2/t3 is a change everyone should want.
    Doomsayer 2008

Default agree

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    Add Crit Rating to PvP T2/T3 chest and legs (around 40-45 for T2, around 50-55 for T3), and slightly buff Combat Rating / Magic Damage on all PvP T2/T3 sets.
    For tank sets, don't increase Combat Rating and add Crit Rating only on chest.
    Nerf protection on PvP tank sets.

All problems solved about gear.

For weapons, tune PvP T3 weapons to PvE T4 damage level (or just slightly less), but give to them a good amount of constitution and eventually armor / protection.

It's pretty pointless to introduce PvP T4 sets without solving problems with T2/T3 sets first, considering it takes a lot of time to get these sets and they are worth for only 5 classes (tanks, barb, BS).
    totally agree
    Too easy, think your good? Try a reaver stance barb.

alright, im full t4 geared and i cant do 7k bomb even on blue geared hox, funny thing is that bomb is 1.3k-2.4k on full t4 demo and see that t4 has no prot, not buffed with mystic suppression BTW,

7k bomb on conq .. yea sure,

and besides, if there is full pvp 10 geared guard and maxed elusive nature, it dosent matter if he is in DEF or in FRENZY your bomb dmg is same, atleast so far i been testing with my friend Mats, in frenzy bomb dmg 1,3k, in def 1,3k, every single time we tried
    The Law

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456