Thread: Good start?

Question Good start?

* Hi. I`m 79 lvl pom and i want to start by adventure with factions. Which 1 of 4 should i choose as my first one? Im thinking about Scarlet Circle. I see many players running with that set.. Moreover as i heard dmg is insane..
    2nd thing. Should I invest in Vagaashan staff from Tamarins? How my equipment should be looking?
    Build is.okay ,AA`s i think the same ,just problems with upon questions.
    Thanks for any advices.
    Cheers

You can get good healing talisman in Amphitheatre for free

SC offers the best DPS, crit rating, and DPS so I would go for that as the first faction to max. However, it's not necessary to get a full set, other drops come close you can get for free during 6k modes. The Yellow Priests legs for example are decent compared to the SC legs.

I would avoid most Scholar's gear, and several of the Children's items are dog crap too. The Hyrkanian set has decent surviabilty, but totally lacks hit rating, which you need for most k6 and above content.

Also, there's a blue tali out of fort that's got 70 magic damage and some other stats. There's also Lathe of Stars and Sunward which are excellent blues until you get a better weapon, and they are free.

If you have a chance on tiered gear, see if you can roll on tos items, especially in t3. The tiered pom items are crap too. I wouldn't waste my rares getting a faction weapon when there are many free blues that are comparable and will hold you over until you get your armor and accessories right.
    Last edited by Suctum; 15th December 2013 at 16:01.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    SC offers the best DPS, crit rating, and DPS so I would go for that as the first faction to max. However, it's not necessary to get a full set, other drops come close you can get for free during 6k modes. The Yellow Priests legs for example are decent compared to the SC legs.

I would avoid most Scholar's gear, and several of the Children's items are dog crap too. The Hyrkanian set has decent surviabilty, but totally lacks hit rating, which you need for most k6 and above content.

Also, there's a blue tali out of fort that's got 70 magic damage and some other stats. There's also Lathe of Stars and Sunward which are excellent blues until you get a better weapon, and they are free.

If you have a chance on tiered gear, see if you can roll on tos items, especially in t3. The tiered pom items are crap too. I wouldn't waste my rares getting a faction weapon when there are many free blues that are comparable and will hold you over until you get your armor and accessories right.
    Rubbish ~ Children's gear is great; been running with it for some time now. If yer awful on yer PoM, then you might worry about trying to use SC gear as a crutch or somethin'.

Tier weapons and gear are fine for starters; you'll want to be in T2 or better for Khitai tho. Join as many 6-mans as you can and roll on the priest gear and mix and match to your liking . AoCTv site is a good place to view sets. Give it a go.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Rubbish ~ Children's gear is great; been running with it for some time now. If yer awful on yer PoM, then you might worry about trying to use SC gear as a crutch or somethin'.

Tier weapons and gear are fine for starters; you'll want to be in T2 or better for Khitai tho. Join as many 6-mans as you can and roll on the priest gear and mix and match to your liking . AoCTv site is a good place to view sets. Give it a go.
    Children's does not have much in the way of crit or hit rating, so if your starting out fresh doing k6 you need all the hit rating you can get. PoM tiered weapons are crap as well, you can get better blues out of easy mode 6 mans.

If your awful on a pom you need SC gear? lol, someone sounds mad. I like SC gear because of the hit rating, it's annoying to miss spells and CC's, especially in KK. And since I run a Vengeance spec, I like it for the crit rating for ltp proccs.
    Doomsayer 2008

I`m also interested in SC and some Yellow items. So i mix set with dmg and set with decent heal rating etc.. I've won in t2 dagger with magic damage and critical hits ,and im doing quite well in NG even with blue gear.
    Thanks for imprtant infos guys

For best compatibility, Child set (except the chest/leg) is the best starter set if you do both pve, pvp. I would suggest child set mix with SC chest/leg, way better than pvp t1 set and still doing good in pve.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Just as an alternative point of view, consider that SC is the dps set for POMs however, boots and wrists - for which you need the faction - are not the most important parts of the set.
    All other pieces are either drops or purchased without faction level, with rare tokens.
    Opposing the SC faction is the last legion which provides with the best potion for POMs (acute foresight, +25 wisdom +135 crit damage rating). These potions last 1h and persist after death, and cost 20 MOA.
    Wolves is a good faction if you need a necklace.
    Yellow priest is good for the variety of pets, and balanced wrists and boots with good heal rating, critigation and still ok damage.

Archpriest hands are nice for poms. The t3 gear isn't much of an upgrade in terms of armor for the pom but the gyas talisman is a decent piece and you can find t3 pugs around (not at 79 though).

Talisman of Ziggurat is the one that has the best magic and ratings that I know of that's not a BOP item: its on the trader now as a blue if you want to see the stats.

If you want dps you need to run without a shield, though the yag sunward one is pretty good for poms (and a blue).

For rings, run two milestone quests and get the milestone wis rings. You can repeat the quest and if you don't find many milestones in sixmans, you can farm quillins in paikang for a chance at a milestone drop and get them that way while waiting for a raid or sixman or mini to pop. The quillins aren't too hard for a pom to handle even with early gear. Maybe not three at once. The rare apes out there also can drop milestones.