Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should we get stat CAPS?

well thats so not true...

pvp com whined, that other classes got more dps for every revamp, totally ignoring why they maybe got those more dps.

i am at tl long enoough and could read nearly comments on every revamp.

I'm a dt in mix of tigers/t4 minors and I have out dpsed full t4 assassins... Changes definitely need to be made to soldiers I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Problem with crit is, that it increase damage way more then armor and especially Health is going up with the progression steps. best example is t4, consti even went down on some sets, but crit and damage went way up. the consequence of this is, that in pvp fights are so fast, that skill isnt the most important part in it anymore. just one lucky crit and the fight is over, you can not compensate it in any way. Critigation does not work good enough against crit.

some stats are going over board, other increase to slow. but i think this is the result from community feedback for classrevamps. after the first failed revamp, most ppl argued, that the last fotm class had this much damage and so much crit, i want that for my class to and funcom delievered...
    That's an important point!

It clearly illustrates that the item budgeting is not right...at least some stats are definitely overrated, while others underrated.
    But will a cap on stats solve it or make it even worse, if not done properly? As i said, a closer look on item budgeting and maybe making certain things budgetwise cheaper on some types can help more.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 13th December 2013 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    T4 is open to everyone, anyone is welcome to get their own weapons and join the ungodly club.
    so were the old gems that gave so much damage that people were one-shoting each other. Everyone joined that club. And yet those gems got sacked.
    Retired

Mmh let's compare T4 power with bugged gems yeah Totally the same.

If they went back to Heroic Stats I could care less about whatever pve gear someone wanted to grind.

But for people to grind out pve which has no risk and all reward to get items that are superior to pvp gear and use them solely for that purpose is beyond retarded.

You can get full T4 in a few months just by grinding out tokens, if your lucky you get your weapons in the same time.

Try grinding out PvP 10 and enough badges and tokens to not only buy the armor, but weapons and accessories as well.

See which one takes longer and has the better reward concerning pvp. Stat capping is not the answer since pve progression is obviously going to be enhanced from where it is, which is why it is imperative they return to heroic stats before the pve edge gets even worse than it is now.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Mmh let's compare T4 power with bugged gems yeah Totally the same.
    those were NOT bugged. The devs didn't have the forsight to know that if you give loads of DPS on gems people will stack them.

This is why "fix" was to nerf them to the ground.
    Retired

t4 is like not that all mighty, t3 weps have const and t3 crafts are mostly vastly superior, gems however I could oneshot ppl across the map lol or later with pulsing guard ranks some ppl could not basically kill u no matter how much they hit u xD

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    those were NOT bugged. The devs didn't have the forsight to know that if you give loads of DPS on gems people will stack them.

3 stormforged gems and my crafted polearm had 2,144 dps back then. If they couldn't figure out people would stack the same gem for greater effect (remember pulsating suits?) then the devs were complete idiots, which was probably not the case.

Seeing as Testlive was as active then as it is now, again this shows how bad the disinformation from the community is because I can guarauntee players knew what the outcome of the gems would be before it went live and said nothing.

However, there were several bugs related to gems (most notably the duplication bug, hence the pulsating suits) so saying they were not bugged is not entirely true in a sense.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post

Oh well, you're right but how the hell can we compare that with T4 ? It's not like with my T4 weapon as ToS i can oneshot anyone.
    It was already stupid before t4, since T4 stats are mostly the raid pendant of Kithaï gear.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast